vb:literal>

Thread: Hey All.. It's been awhile

Default Hey All.. It's been awhile

Back into the swing of things with a new lady friend "MsKhavingfun".
    It's been some time since I last went caching but Ms.K loves it and were having fun checking out new caches and re-visiting some old ones.

It was kinda cool to find I own the oldest one on DeLorme #26 (GC274C) which I did a maintenance check on and MsK decided that this is a cool sport & logged it as her first find.

Good to see the familiar names as we fill out the logs. Seems we've almost crossed paths with other cachers.. I'm sure it'll happen someday.

If you're heading to the Lubec area, drop me a note ahead of time & we'll have a coffee & chat.

Stay safe & I'll see ya on the trails
    JW & Ms. K
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

Welcome back to the fun!

Roque Rocks is a great spot, I remember it even after seven years. It is caches like that one that defined caching for me.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

When we were in Addison this past summer we planned on getting Roque Rocks but had a disaster with the tent and high wind so we packed things up early and came home. We'll plan on getting it next time we're in Washington County with caching on our minds.

Rocque Bluffs cache is one of my favorites. I had deer watch me walk down the beach when I went for the cache. To those of you that boat or kayak, the island you see from the beach is one of the most popular destinations for boaters willing to venture downeast. The side of the island you can't see from the beach is a mile and half long horseshoe shaped white sand beach that opens to the east and is a spectacular place to anchor and spend a few days. The beach is loaded with hen clams. I spent many wonderful days there on my old boat, Endeavor.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.