vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need finds behind them before hiding their first

I started feeling really guilty about not placing any caches, but didn't have any good ideas at first about where to place one. I think I was at the 100 cache mark before I placed my first one and I have gotten fairly positive feedback about the locations (OK, a little grumbling about excessive exercise required, but nobody's perfect)

I'm not so sure there is a corelation between finds and quality hides. The reason is that everyone has completely diferent ideas of what is cool and what isn't. And, you can always change a cache.

I am very familiar with the area of the cache you mention, and this is probably a great place to try a trailless cache. i can't wait to log it, er, find it.

Default Need finds first

I think I would question looking for a cache if the person that placed it had no reasonable amount of finds. What's the motive here. Why on earth would anyone want to place a cache if they are not an ative participant anyway. I think myself that a cache placed by a non-cacher should be avoded like the plague. We all accept this as a safe and respectble, hobby,sport, pastime, whatever, but it's only a matter of time before some wacko trys to ruin it. So I would say cachers beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    I think I would question looking for a cache if the person that placed it had no reasonable amount of finds. What's the motive here. Why on earth would anyone want to place a cache if they are not an ative participant anyway. I think myself that a cache placed by a non-cacher should be avoded like the plague. We all accept this as a safe and respectble, hobby,sport, pastime, whatever, but it's only a matter of time before some wacko trys to ruin it. So I would say cachers beware.
    I see where you are coming from, but that is not always the case. Maine has a number of hiders who have few or no finds, and their hides are actually pretty decent. They obviously have a decent knowledge of GPSrs and know of some nice locations. The main issue with most of these type of people is that the caches do not get maintained as well.

But, on the other hand, there have been some cachers with plenty of finds who hide caches in less than safe or legal locations, and who do not maintain them either.