vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need finds behind them before hiding their first

Default Need finds behind them before hiding their first

wbdent Here is a perfect example as why someone should have a few caches behind their belt before they hide their first cache. The owner of this cache has never even found a cache according to their profile at this time. But yet they have hidden one. Read the first persons comments on the cache and you will see what I mean.http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...d-b4c36cc7ed96
    Blazing Troll

I noticed that, too, but also give the hider credit since it does not seem to be a typical cache, and it sure sounds like it takes you to an area you might not visit otherwise!

My biggest fear with a cache of this type hidden by someone without any finds would be if he would/could maintain it for one (at least he seems to live near the area).

My biggest argument for not hiding any caches for a while is that many people see something and get excited and do something like hide a cache, then lose interest the next week. At least if they've found a few, the odds are that they might stick with geocaching a little longer.

Thats so true. Have noticed so many new cachers with little or no finds. I'd hold back seeking one until I was more certain that it was/is an interesting place to visit.

That being said, I have just recently put out my first cache. Simple, easy and not very creative but I promise I will monitor it!!

ps: my new micro siggys are in circulation now....and my 1st cache has a 1 of 4 (set) for the ftf. My next three hides will contain one each to match the set.
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

What would you guys and gals say is a good number of finds to have before putting out a cache? My daughter wants us to put out one before the end of the summer.

Go for it. As long as you know what your doing I think the point is.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Here is an excellent tutorial! Geocaching U I think I had nearly 100 finds before I hid my first cache.

Like Bluegrass Girl I waited until I had 50 finds before my first hide. Not that there needs to be a ratio between finds and hides but I do agree that their has to be some proven commitment to geocaching.

All I have to say is: at least it wasn't a micro! LOL!

wbdent We put out our first cache this weekend. In fact we put out four of them. That was after we waited until we had about 147 finds behind us. But there is no set amount you should wait for before you put your own out. As long as you know what is suppose to be in the cache and maintain it. GC has direction or suggestions on what should be in a cache. When I was refering to the ofer persons cache it was quite obviouse they did not know what they were doing. For one thing they did not even leave a logbook. This person must not have read the GC web site.
    Blazing Troll

Talking We adopted

This is a great way to own a cache. One thing is the cache is allready established. The other is the cache is near us, and the owners moved, which would have eventually meant the cache might have to be archived or disabled. We own a cache and the cache survives. A win, win situation. We have around 90 finds and have plans to hide our first cache soon. Somewhere close by. LOL
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.