vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Groundspeak Ban

Default Hacked, spoofed...a rat in the woodpile for sure!

This thread isn't about me but so there's no doubt: somebody sent an email to a cacher who I was corresponding with via geo.com. The email was smack dab in the middle of an exchange and clearly intended to throw gas on a fire that was already going pretty good. And the subject was Chadd which certainly makes me wonder what or who was involved. Not pointing any fingers but this sort of thing suggests GS could be more forthcoming about what info they relied on in their "sentence."
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    This thread isn't about me but so there's no doubt: somebody sent an email to a cacher who I was corresponding with via geo.com. The email was smack dab in the middle of an exchange and clearly intended to throw gas on a fire that was already going pretty good. And the subject was Chadd which certainly makes me wonder what or who was involved. Not pointing any fingers but this sort of thing suggests GS could be more forthcoming about what info they relied on in their "sentence."
    Looks like I have a very able, court appointed attorney ;-)

Default He works for 100 Proof!

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Looks like I have a very able, court appointed attorney ;-)
    Much more affordable than money!

Yeah, well I have no money.

Will work for gin!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Dan, If you had the headers for the email that you say you did not send I could probably track it down to and ISP. To go any deeper I would need Dan's help as it would require a court order to get the actual sending location. The only issue with that is that unless the sender was really stupid it would probably not net anything much as I would hope that the person that would do that would not be dumb enough to send from their own home. But then their are alot of people people that think that email and web surfing leave fingerprints on both sides.

This thread isn't about me but...."
    I thought with lawyers it is all about themselves....
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Will work for gin!!!
    Sorry Dan. All I have in my cabinet right now is hald a bottle of Absinthe, some Saki (yup, Saki), and some 100% Pure Aguave Tequilla. No Gin :-(

I could use a beer right about now though. Where's Hiram???

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Dan, If you had the headers for the email that you say you did not send I could probably track it down to and ISP. To go any deeper I would need Dan's help as it would require a court order to get the actual sending location. The only issue with that is that unless the sender was really stupid it would probably not net anything much as I would hope that the person that would do that would not be dumb enough to send from their own home. But then their are alot of people people that think that email and web surfing leave fingerprints on both sides.
    That's funny... a court order? Since when did the Government ever need court orders since 9/11? ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    That's funny... a court order? Since when did the Government ever need court orders since 9/11? ha ha
    But Chad, I am not a member of the government. You have to remember, there are 2 sets of rules, one for the Rulers and one for the rest of us poor schmucks