vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milestones

Default Milestones

So, I am sitting a 699 finds and it got me to thinking. I try to find a special cache to find for milestones. For #200 I found the oldest cache in Maine, #400 was tandemstoker's Official Milestone Cache and for #500 I paddled with my son to Dan's cache on 3 Mile Pond. I found the GeoZoo night cache with a group for #650 and that was a great time. I usually reserve the milestones for every 100 though even though I list my milestones for each 50 on my profile page. What does everyone else do? Do you treat all numbers the same or do you go for special caches for your milestones? I can't wait for #1000. I am thinking maybe the highest elevation cache in Maine or the furthest north or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    So, I am sitting a 699 finds and it got me to thinking. I try to find a special cache to find for milestones. For #200 I found the oldest cache in Maine, #400 was tandemstoker's Official Milestone Cache and for #500 I paddled with my son to Dan's cache on 3 Mile Pond. I found the GeoZoo night cache with a group for #650 and that was a great time. I usually reserve the milestones for every 100 though even though I list my milestones for each 50 on my profile page. What does everyone else do? Do you treat all numbers the same or do you go for special caches for your milestones? I can't wait for #1000. I am thinking maybe the highest elevation cache in Maine or the furthest north or something like that.
    I even created this plaque, but I didn't take it with me to the 1000th cache because I couldn't find it

Moo

I don't really plan for milestone caches. However the day I hit a milestone a choose one cache from that day I liked the most to be my milestone. Except my 1000th cache, I wanted it to be outside of US and it was.
    Moo

What does everyone else do? Do you treat all numbers the same...
    Yup. Sure do.

I've said it a million times, every cache is a milestone. Just like Rick hiking the AT, every mile is a mile, some are easier than others, some are more scenic than others, some are more rewarding than others, some of them you could care less if you walked them again or any like it. But they are all milestones nonetheless.

If you save out only the 'best' for the milestones ending in 00, are you telling the cache owners for the other 99 that those caches just don't make the cut?
    Last edited by brdad; 11-21-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I like getting GRC caches or quick hides but my favorite caches are usually along a trail or somewhere with a scenic view. I do enjoy the numbers part of the game probably because I am a data analyst by trade. When I come up on another hundred I like to find something that I consider more of a challenge or has a specail meaning or a great spot with an awesome view. So I am not saying they don't make the cut but I think that most people will recognize that not all caches are created equally.

I have sought out certain caches to do for milestones. I have tried to find a 100 milestone cache by as many different cachers as I can. I did have #'500 and 1000 centered around baseball because of my 7 years of coaching. I did however alter a route just to be able to log # 2500 by Dan only because of the friendship that has formed and it was my way of saying thanks for everything. I want to suggest that you do Mt. Waldo on Friday the 26th for your milestone and by the way I have not done those either!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I think I am going for one in NY since I am going to be there on Friday.

I have not paid any attention to milestones except of two. The first cache I did and number 500. I actually planned the 500 one out so it would be the Groundspeak Adventure Maze. It was the one in Baltimore.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I have sought out certain caches to do for milestones. I have tried to find a 100 milestone cache by as many different cachers as I can. I did have #'500 and 1000 centered around baseball because of my 7 years of coaching. I did however alter a route just to be able to log # 2500 by Dan only because of the friendship that has formed and it was my way of saying thanks for everything. I want to suggest that you do Mt. Waldo on Friday the 26th for your milestone and by the way I have not done those either!
    Something special going on on Waldo this week? Group hike? Nosey local cachers who have also not done the caches on the very top of Waldo want to know!