vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd problem with GSAK macro and windows 7

Hybrid View

Default Odd problem with GSAK macro and windows 7

I added the addlog macro and it runs just fine. Then I added the macro button to the toolbar and when I try to run it from there I get a "error in macro at line 99" warning. It goes on to say macro settings file not found. C:Program files(x86)GSAK/Macros/addlogs.xml

If I go to C:Program Files (x86)GSAK/Macros there is addlog.gsk biut not addlog.xml

The really odd part is when I go to set the macro button and go to C:Program Files (x86)GSAK/ there is also addlog.gsk in that folder and another in Macros but if I go to the GSAK folder from "My Computer" there is no addlog in it.

Assuming you have the newest version of GSAK and the newest macro version. GSAK version 6 does is not made to work on Win7. You may even want to upgrade to the newest updated version of GSAK, I have seen a few problems fixed by doing that. This is not on the front page, it is in the forums, you need to go to this thread and scroll to the last post for the install file.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=16220

I had problems helping with macro on a Win7 computer at the event. The directory where the macro defaulted to was read only and I could not figure out what to do about it so I had to have the macro save the file in an allowable folder. If you navigate to the folder with Windows Explorer you should be able to see if that is the issue. It looks like others have had issues with this as well, check out http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing...-folder-blues/

Also, I think the macro file you link the button to should be in
    Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\gsak\macros

If I had Win7 I might be able to be more sure
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Also, I think the macro file you link the button to should be in
    Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\gsak\macros

If I had Win7 I might be able to be more sure

Problem solved!!!! Thank you very much.

Great!

Is Windows 7 working good otherwise? My XP unit isn't going to last forever...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

XP? 98 here.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    XP? 98 here.
    I upgraded when Microsoft stopped the updates for Win98; I didn't want to risk security issues with an outdated system. I held off as long as I could, however!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I have Windows 7 on my main PC and Laptop. Windows XP on this one. Found that running macros sometimes goes flaky on both systems (7 and XP). Loaded a macro to be able to print maps and next time I clicked the Macro Button for the Nuvi it went to the Map Macro. Go figure.

Default Win 7

I have had Win 7 for a while now and did have trouble getting the Nuvi Export macro to work. At GUIE 3 I let Lois take a crack at it and she had the problem solved quickly. I haven't had any other issues with it.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I am also running 7 and I had some issues initially but once an update came out I have been find since. I think I ran it in compatibility mode initially.

Default Well,

Some of the company laptops that have been recently replaced are with Windows 7. I'm finding a few quirks as well as having some difficulties in Access when running SQL queries.
    My own PC is XP Pro.....much preferred. I believe there is a plugin to Win 7 that will mimic XP.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.