vb:literal>

Thread: Permits in state parks

Default Permits in state parks

I was just caching in New York last week, and found it interesting to see that some of the cache descriptions in state parks noted that they had recieved the permit to place the cache at the location.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Yeah, some states are like that. Pennsylvania started that requirement early. there is a fair amount to go through to complete the process as well as a $25 fee. Someone from the park will check out the proposed location and gc.com will not approve it until they have the ok from the park. I'd kind of frown on paying $25 to place the caches, but you know - I'd pay $25 for all of my cache loctions in a heartbeat.

I really like the idea. It seems it would insure proper permission and promotes quality over quantity, and provides good communication if one happens to be mistaken for a bomb. The park service knows right where each and every cache is. Maybe Gob-ler can chime in and verify if my theory there is true.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Are you trying to say.....

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I really like the idea. It seems it would insure proper permission and promotes quality over quantity, and provides good communication if one happens to be mistaken for a bomb. The park service knows right where each and every cache is. Maybe Gob-ler can chime in and verify if my theory there is true.
    ....Gob-ler places bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    ....Gob-ler places bombs?
    I'm sure he's thought of throwing a few in my direction a few times.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You will find that there are many different policies concerning geocaching from federal level down to city parks.

Manes state wide policy is pretty straight forward right now. In the spring there will be a new policy for state parks in Maine. Pretty much the caches will have to get permit and the location will have to be reviewed. No fees, but this is Maine after all.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    You will find that there are many different policies concerning geocaching from federal level down to city parks.

Manes state wide policy is pretty straight forward right now. In the spring there will be a new policy for state parks in Maine. Pretty much the caches will have to get permit and the location will have to be reviewed. No fees, but this is Maine after all.
    Georgia has a state park policy and it seems to be working really well here.
    http://www.ggaonline.org/gadodont.html

They also are really active here in doing a whole series of caches placed in 42 of the states parks. Did my 1st Georgia one today a Skidaway state park in Savannah Ga.

http://www.gastateparks.org/Geocaching

Caching here in Georgia has been fun so far, just wished I had more time to cache though. Establishing a policy I think is the way to go,that was one of the original reasons that we put together this website and forum to begin with. Good luck with your endeavors.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.