vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When puzzle cache help goes too far

Default right- I don't assume I found it

But I did find the virtual cache (I guess that's what it is) across the road. Haven't logged it yet. It requires answering two questions and I'm pondering them. One is a guess-timate on the depth of the pool beneath- I'll post a thumbnail of what that pool looked like on Sunday- and you can make your own guess- the Bad Little Falls were very very bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC13YZHdeep.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	552  

Quote Originally Posted by SFTA2010 View Post
    But I did find the virtual cache (I guess that's what it is) across the road. Haven't logged it yet. It requires answering two questions and I'm pondering them. One is a guess-timate on the depth of the pool beneath- I'll post a thumbnail of what that pool looked like on Sunday- and you can make your own guess- the Bad Little Falls were very very bad.

Just take a stab at guessing the depth. You, more or less, need to convince the CO (cache owner) that you were there, on virtuals.
    But is that cache, you are referring to, a virtual, and not a Earthcache? With an earthcache the point is to learn something; thus the answers to the questions should be as precise as possible....It all, ultimately depends on what the CO will accept.

Bad Little Falls Park (Earthcache) (GC13YZH) by Northwoods Explorer (2/2) is an earthcache. but earthcaches are just virtuals with an added twist. There is no container. Northwoods Explorer has always allowed my finds when my answers were perhaps a bit less than perfect. Just do your best and you'll be fine.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by SFTA2010 View Post

Just a thought on your guess, Would the falls, over the years, cause a deepening of the pool????

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Just a thought on your guess, Would the falls, over the years, cause a deepening of the pool????
    LOL! Only over a few MILLION years! LOL!

Default Earth Caches...confession

Di and I have logged very few virtuals for one simple reason....the inability to get the picture to the geo.com log. With all the discussion about Win7, mine came with Picassa and now even I, the dub of most things technical, can get the pics out of the camera and attached to the log!!! This is a big deal for me as the earthcaches that we've done, especially those by Northwoods Explorers have all been in great spots. So expect my earthcache count to go up!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Machias is so great- a fun earthcache

Northwoods Explorer was content with our guesses on this cache; maybe because the river and falls were over-the-top with recent rain.
    Machias and all its rivers and its estuary, falls and dike are my favorite place to be, so I was very happy to do this one. The history of the area is amazing and so is the topography and geology. The only thing that sucks is the economy.
    Re: photos. I use a simple Canon camera, small enough to fit in a jacket pocket. I download to a "zoom browser", tinker with cropping and making things legible, save into my photo files and then it seems pretty easy to upload these after posting on the cache site. You post the message first and then there is an option that appears for images.
    Of course this info is coming from someone who has never found an honest to Geo cache. But I've now logged a Benchmark, several "did not find" and this Bad Little Falls earthcache.

Apparently there is a new cache, published this morning which is filled with a diary containing lists of Mystery and Multi cache cords and secrets!:

http://coord.info/GC22Q10

As for Earthcaches requiring photos, I have been told that is no longer an acceptable requirement. Haven't read the new guidelines but was told by someone who recently published one.

Earthcaches are some of my favorites. They also can add a lot to a home schooling or teacher's curriculum.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    As for Earthcaches requiring photos, I have been told that is no longer an acceptable requirement. Haven't read the new guidelines but was told by someone who recently published one.

Earthcaches are some of my favorites. They also can add a lot to a home schooling or teacher's curriculum.
    Dont understand why photos are no longer acceptable as a requirement. It pretty much ensures that the majority of earthcaches can be logged by arm chair cachers who never even set foot at GZ...

... I'd love to see Groundspeak allow me to use a SPOT Text message from a PN-60 with cord link as a requirement! That would ensure that the cacher logging the cache truly was there.