vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milestones

I like random numbers. It seems like random numbers are the choice of 9 out of 10 lotteries. Besides, the numbers only have basis when expressed in base 10. If we had been born with 8 fingers, 11 would be 9. For extra credit, what number would your 1500th cache be if had been included toes when numbers were made?
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I like random numbers. It seems like random numbers are the choice of 9 out of 10 lotteries. Besides, the numbers only have basis when expressed in base 10. If we had been born with 8 fingers, 11 would be 9. For extra credit, what number would your 1500th cache be if had been included toes when numbers were made?
    What......?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

1200 would be my guess

Sheesh! Is this TAT or Cano speaking???

exactly, I also recognize additional milestones like 128, 256, 512, 1024, ...
    2^10 is very close, I have to figure out what cache it will be.

1500 in finger and toes would be 3:15:0 or 3E0
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    exactly, I also recognize additional milestones like 128, 256, 512, 1024, ...
    2^10 is very close, I have to figure out what cache it will be.

1500 in finger and toes would be 3:15:0 or 3E0
    Obviously, one has to wonder if Cano has the same number of fingers and toes as the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Back when I started I was more about finding a certain cache for an "00" milestone. After 1000 I didn't pay much attention till I hit 2000 at Geowoodstock 6 in California. All the ones I have since then have been wherever I was when it rolled around. Now I am thinking I might like to do something for 5000. I may try and do a special cache if it works out, but I won't go out of my way.

I am on the same page as Dave on the keeping the finds in order. I too have been know to delete and re-log if I mess them up. That is why GSAK works out so well for me in the record keeping department.
    Yup on the logging order, can't imagine doing it otherwise. Selecting a milestone cache hasn't been high on my list. Actually, it didn't make the list. As anyone can tell by my current count vs. the amount of time I've been caching, numbers don't mean anything to me. Well.....actually they do. One ammo can after a scenic hike in and back out beats 25 GRC's any day. But on the other hand, I sure was grateful for GRC's when hobbling around on crutches.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Of course Cano is correct, but if you'd like a caching explanation:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-22ef7e1580d1

There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.