vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IAMPAW & Trick or Treat 1100+ 3 days

I heard about that series a short while ago and I've been itching to go out and do it. Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to go out to Nevada any time soon. I still need to go up and do SMR sometime.

Congrats!
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Default Wow!

600 in one day? Sounds like an outing to me! Did you do a Southwest air special to get out there? Where did you start? I'd have no problem jumping on a plane for an outing like that. Who's interested?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Marcipanek needs a wingman next month!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    600 in one day? Sounds like an outing to me! Did you do a Southwest air special to get out there? Where did you start? I'd have no problem jumping on a plane for an outing like that. Who's interested?
    I can't make it or I would be tempted. Petr has one day to commit to his assault on the ET caches, if he had a another cacher I would not bet against him doing 1000 in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    I can't make it or I would be tempted. Petr has one day to commit to his assault on the ET caches, if he had a another cacher I would not bet against him doing 1000 in a day.
    I would love to join
    Moo

Petr and cano on a numbers run...Operation Czech-mate!

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I would love to join
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Not to be a spoilsport, but I still don't get why anyone would bother with caches like this, and even worse it is a shame to see the questionable logging methods by many of those trying to get the most in a day. And I am not saying (IAMPAW)/Trick or Treat are in this category, it rather looks like they were doing them as a personal goal.

That being said, that is a lot of stops for any reason in a short time period.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm heading out to las vegas/grand canyon in april. There's no way I could get the kids to do 1000+ caches with me in a day, but we will find a bunch along our drive! They are always wanting to find the 'big' ones, so that will be what we concentrate on. But if these aliens are on our way...... maybe. lol

For those who like these kinds of runs, go for it. Personally, they make geocaching feel like a competitive sport. I'd rather spend a day like we had yesterday. Two caches. Lousy weather. Great day spent with my wife and our new puppy. I wouldn't trade yesterday for a numbers day, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Not to be a spoilsport, but I still don't get why anyone would bother with caches like this, and even worse it is a shame to see the questionable logging methods by many of those trying to get the most in a day. And I am not saying (IAMPAW)/Trick or Treat are in this category, it rather looks like they were doing them as a personal goal.

That being said, that is a lot of stops for any reason in a short time period.
    It's a challenge, that's why it's worth doing. What's so special about finding a few caches a day in your neighborhood if that's what are you doing all the time?
    Moo