vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IAMPAW & Trick or Treat 1100+ 3 days

Hybrid View

Default IAMPAW & Trick or Treat 1100+ 3 days

Penny (IAMPAW) and Dawn of Trick or Treat just returned from Nevada where they conquered the E.T. caches series. They found more than 1100 caches on November 13-15th.

This is impressive, but just before that a new 24 hour record of 1230 caches had been set!

Nonetheless, congratulations ladies, I am impressed!

Petr (Marcipanek, Southern Maine's caching animal) is headed to Nevada shortly. I wish I could go with him and be his driver while he mops up the E.T. trail!

Default Link to Forum Thread on World Record

No doubt, thats a great three day power run with some serious planning. I know each individual cache was probably pretty non-memorable, but how was the overall experience? Did you find that it was excessive by the end? I ask because by #115 of the SMR, i was tired of getting in and out of the vehicle and writing my name.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Congrats folks!

That is a bunch of caches.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I think our total was 1201 after every cache was logged. We took turns getting in and out of the car. I wasn't tired of the caches but my legs and back was tired of the up and down. These caches were all on the ground. No trees on this run. Toward the end of our time we were sort of falling/stumbling back into the car. I had a stamp made up with our name on it, I think it took longer to roll the log back up than it did to stamp. We had to remind each other to look around and enjoy the views, which were beautiful....anyway I had a great time and would do another one anytime(well maybe after a few weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by iampaw View Post
    I think our total was 1201 after every cache was logged. We took turns getting in and out of the car. I wasn't tired of the caches but my legs and back was tired of the up and down. These caches were all on the ground. No trees on this run. Toward the end of our time we were sort of falling/stumbling back into the car. I had a stamp made up with our name on it, I think it took longer to roll the log back up than it did to stamp. We had to remind each other to look around and enjoy the views, which were beautiful....anyway I had a great time and would do another one anytime(well maybe after a few weeks)
    t
    Great to hear that you had a great time and congrats!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Nice accomplishment ladies and congratulations.

Thanks Lex - we didnt try to beat the all time record but we did manage to find 600 on day one of the trip (14 hour day which included some hikes in the mountains). Very interesting terrain, changes in elevation and the opportunity to meet other cachers from all over the world doing the series. The caches had similar containers but the hides were certainly different along the series which kept it unpredictable. We travelled in the dark to get to the first cache so we could spend daylight hours caching. I had taken shorts and a bathing suit for the trip and abandoned those as I bought a hat and gloves for the unexpected snow and cold in the mountains. We did see quite a few animals and buy a gas can which has a story that we will share at the upcoming meet and greet. Overall a great trip and more adventures in caching.

Cool what a trip......

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on all of the finds and the time it took to log them.

My bags are packed........
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.