vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with logs that are just Stupid

Lightbulb Another presentation....

this time it is a local Boy Scout troop in Standish. I will definitely use some of the feedback from this thread. Thanks for bringing this up.

I personally would never delete a log, irregardless of how short, or pointless it may be. If found, and the log signed, ( and I have never checked my logbooks ), the find stands. I let the cacher decide how they want their log to look. Although disrespectful on the other hand, is a different matter.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I'm not a big follower of this particular feature of gc.com, but I am all for using any tools available to promote quality caches and logs. What if, when teaching caching to these kids the subject of their logs possibly being nominated for a Lost & Found story? It seems at least a few kids might consider it a challenge.

http://www.geocaching.com/lostandfound/stories.aspx
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I personally would never delete a log, irregardless of how short, or pointless it may be. If found, and the log signed, ( and I have never checked my logbooks ), the find stands. I let the cacher decide how they want their log to look. Although disrespectful on the other hand, is a different matter.
    Well said T2H

All we are saying, is give peace a chance.

Don't overthink this folks. Enjoy caching as you want and let others enjoy it as they want.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default so few

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    While it's good to see kids learn about caching, I can't help but think that a percentage of those kids will see it as an opportunity to hunt them down to remove or otherwise vandalize them in the future.
    I would think it would be a very small percentage. I've had kids from Hodgkins Junior High (now Cony Junior High) find my caches in the nature park and they leave nice notes and have not vandalize my caches. I teach, and I can tell you that most kids have good hearts and will leave things alone.

Agreed, but it only takes a few to cause a ruckus. And there's a good percentage of adults who just don't get it either!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by justkev View Post
    so, let me see if i got this right. Each fins2right cache i log has to be "no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

"yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":d

Exclamation a little help....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    this time it is a local Boy Scout troop in Standish. I will definitely use some of the feedback from this thread. Thanks for bringing this up.
    I am looking for a little help with my presentation tomorrow night for 2 Boy Scout troops. One of the topics I was asked to cover, are the do's and don'ts of geocaching. If you can list a few of your favorite ones I would greatly appreciate it. And I have not forgotten to cover the importance of a well written log, after the find. Thanks again for all of your help.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I had some newbies find one of my caches and they thought that part of the game was to hide it in a different place nearby. Luckily my son heard about this as it was one of his classmates and their family and we were able to get it back where it was supposed to be. It is a funny story but it brings to light the point of covering all the basic details that experienced cachers might overlook.