vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's no place like home

Over 6,000 miles, 31 states, 18 new states we get to color in on our caching map , 121 caches, 2 caching milestones reached (2,000 & 2100), 7 oldest state caches, 89 degree weather, 19 degree weather, sunshine, rain (20 minutes), snow, copperheads, Man-o-Wars, thorns, poison ivy, fire ants, time spent with both of our families, a happy puppy and time spent with each other..... Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    Over 6,000 miles, 31 states, 18 new states we get to color in on our caching map , 121 caches, 2 caching milestones reached (2,000 & 2100), 7 oldest state caches, 89 degree weather, 19 degree weather, sunshine, rain (20 minutes), snow, copperheads, Man-o-Wars, thorns, poison ivy, fire ants, time spent with both of our families, a happy puppy and time spent with each other..... Priceless
    Including the oldest caches in my "Caches to do" GSAK database as well as it's matching watchlist, I noticed you finding several of those lately and am truly jealous! As soon as we can leave home for more then two days, we'll be planning on a trip or two to get some of those as well. Sounds like a great trip.
    Last edited by brdad; 12-06-2010 at 06:00 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default So......

Other than that, how was it? Sounds like an awesome time.....I'm envious as well!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

We did have a great time. We saw that some of the oldest were close to our route so we tried to grab what we could. We may try to put some oldest on our hit list for next summer or as we get close to them. Or we can take another 6,000 mile side trip
    The only one we hit that is a bit weird is the Ohio one,
    GC2DBE ancient lake though its hidden date Jan 23, 2001 was prior to the lowest GC # GC31A in Ohio it was not first found until after the lower numbered 2nd oldest hidden one GC31A Shawnee Lookout Cache hidden Feb 18th, 2001. A bit of a gray area so I guess we go back there to find the lowest GC #d one to make it right. Me thinks some dates was mucked with
    I am thinking lowest cache number trumps date hidden. Yes, it might be the oldest hidden one, but when was it available to be published and searched for?

I am thinking lowest cache number trumps date hidden. Yes, it might be the oldest hidden one, but when was it available to be published and searched for?
    You are correct, GCID or even published date would be a much better date to search by since unfortunately any date can be entered as placed date. The Maine stats are based on published date for this reason.

For instance, Daylight Saving Time Machine (Unknown/Mystery) (GC1HTTN) by lliB retoocS (2/1.5) has 05/03/2000 as the placed date, yet the GCID reveals it as the 1,043,669th cache submitted and was placed by someone who joined in 2006. Some of he finders have posted early dates on their find logs as well.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."