vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's no place like home

Default There's no place like home

This is what you find on the trail when you wander too far from home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yipes Snake.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	554  

Gnarly. That stick looks weird.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I've never heard of a yipes snake. Are they venomous?

Talking Oh sure Kev

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I've never heard of a yipes snake. Are they venomous?
    There only natural enemy is the rare yipes badger.
    Happy Trails!

That pic really shows how good their camo can be!

When we went to AZ I intentionally looked for all these snakes people talk about, even did a few caches that stated how many were around - and found none. When we went to Alabama we did a cache that said the area was infested with gators - looked an hour for the cache, never found it, never saw any gators. And even at home, we went to Greenville once and never saw a moose, went to Auburn a day or two later and saw one right in the city limits.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    This is what you find on the trail when you wander too far from home
    That's the most realistic cache container I've ever seen! Pick it up! Pick it up!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

That is not a cache any of us wanted to sign the log on. Moxie and I walked right past it on the paved trail probably within feet or even inches since it was in the middle of the paved trail and we were walking on the paved trail. It was Heidi that almost stepped on it just before she let out a "woah!!" It certainly did blend right in. I am SOOooooo glad none of us stepped on it, especially Moxie. We actually saw another one further down the trail that had met an untimely demise due to some trail/brush work that was going on... it was a bit flat and didn't have a head. A good taxidermy could fix it up just right for a cache

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ...When we went to Alabama we did a cache that said the area was infested with gators - looked an hour for the cache, never found it, never saw any gators. ....
    We saw a gator right in downtown New Orleans... You just weren't looking in the right places
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Orleans goods.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	557  

The only gator I ever saw "out in the wild" was in North Carolina. I was out fishing, walking the shoreline of a small pond. There was a little inlet I needed to get past and I thought I'd step on the log partially submerged there.....until it swamp away. Wasn't a big gator, but unnerving just the same when it was unexpected. Was all of maybe 5 feet long, tail and all.

Default I seen em....

During my ten years in Florida I saw plenty. We used to take our boat up and down some very rural rivers and lakes. They were pretty much everywhere. If it held water then chances were good there was at least one gator in it. This included retention ponds.
    Happy Trails!