vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Military Geo-Coin Tribute

Default Military Geo-Coin Tribute

Hi all, I am wondering if you can help me locate a reliable company to buy an Air Force geocoin from. Sadly, my beloved uncle, who I have posted about here before, is dying. He is a WWII vet, Purple Heart, was @ Pearl Harbor, survived the Death March of Bataan, was a pow for years, was nearby when the a bombs were dropped and was a multi decade soldier, retiring and honorably discharged as a Mst. Sgt. I would like to honor him with a geocoin and am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction. If there is a company you think I should/shouldn't purchase from and don't want to post here, please PM me. Thanks for your help during this difficult time.

JustPJ66 and I have lost loved ones in recent years. She lost her dad and I lost both parents. You have our heartfelt condolences in your time of upcoming loss. Cherish the good times, it really helps your grief heal.

The company "coinsandpins.com" is well known, and they have a selection of Air Force coins, but I note only 1 Air Force GEOcoin.

There is also a listing of geocoin manufacturers/sellers on GC.com.

Oakcoins.com and Landsharkz.ca are other well-known companies.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 11-28-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Coins and Pins has produced Military tribute Geocoins for a long time as well as military medallions (non-geocoins). I bought a whole set of the Geocoins (all the service brances) from them in 2006. They were beautiful. C&P is a very reputable company and you should have no problems.

The others mentioned above (Oak and Landsharkz) are as well but I am not familiar they produced any military tribute coins.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

at the Bangor Mainiacs base out by the airport they have a small PX (post exchange) that just two weeks ago (after the Seadogs beer and wings) while looking for any Navy stuff I saw a rack with several Air Force coins and pins.

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior View Post
    at the Bangor Mainiacs base out by the airport they have a small PX (post exchange) that just two weeks ago (after the Seadogs beer and wings) while looking for any Navy stuff I saw a rack with several Air Force coins and pins.
    Can the general public shop the PX? I think, as a neice, I might not be eligible to get in if its service members and families only.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Can the general public shop the PX? I think, as a neice, I might not be eligible to get in if its service members and families only.
    Believe to get into the PX you need a military (active or retired) ID. Last I knew to get beyond the security gate you need a tag on your car or some official papers ~ photo ID too for all in the vehicle.

Coins and Pins may have some general non-geocaching stuff as may some of the other coin companies. Coins are minted a lot for awards and formal balls. Also a lot of the medals are done by coin companies.

Thanks for your help, cachers. Ordered the Air Force geocoin from Coins and Pins.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Believe to get into the PX you need a military (active or retired) ID.
    True. And the coins there are mostly military "challenge" coins, for military personnel. No geocoins.