vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Military Geo-Coin Tribute

I have one of those. They are really cool.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

My Uncle is hanging in there, was lucid tonight and enjoyed seeing his coin before it is released! Thank you all for your help! I would like to add a pic of him with his coin tonight, but I can't figure out how. Do I have to put it on face book? It askes for a URL, but the pic is just on my PC?

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    My Uncle is hanging in there, was lucid tonight and enjoyed seeing his coin before it is released! Thank you all for your help! I would like to add a pic of him with his coin tonight, but I can't figure out how. Do I have to put it on face book? It askes for a URL, but the pic is just on my PC?
    Your image needs to be uploaded somewhere on the internet. FB or anywhere will work most of the time, but the best bet is to upload right to gc.com. On the top right corner of the TB/Coin page there should be an "Upload an Image" link where you can choose the file and upload it, and there is a checkbox for making this the default image for the trackable.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Is Collectible:Yes No What does this mean, on the travel bug page???
    Last edited by dufzor; 12-05-2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: syntax

Okay, will be getting the family together soon to get my uncles correct history, but here is a pic of him taken tonight after learning about geocaching and that he is going to have his own coin out there. He really is smiling and happy, but it may be hard to recognize that with the stroke symptoms. dufzor on left, then Mst Sgt Martel in middle, and his daughter, Jill, who has been out caching but does not yet own a unit, is on the right. You can't keep a Bataan Death March Survivor down. He has already outlived his very short prognosis by a week.

Is Collectible:Yes No What does this mean, on the travel bug page???
    Yes, on the travel bug page.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yes, on the travel bug page.
    What do they mean, is it collectable?? Collectable like the finder can keep it or collectable as in is it out there and can it be picked up to move?

What do they mean, is it collectable?? Collectable like the finder can keep it or collectable as in is it out there and can it be picked up to move?
    Ok, I misunderstood the first time. I don't do much with coins or TBs and this is a new option I had to look up to understand.

I hope someone else will verify my interpretation, but marking the coin as collectible means it is part of your personal collection and no one else can grab the coin or place it anywhere, only you can. So if you intend to set the coin out and let people move it, you should not select this option. It really is quite confusing and seems the opposite of how I would interpret it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Ok, I misunderstood the first time. I don't do much with coins or TBs and this is a new option I had to look up to understand.
    Can you expand on this a little? I looked around, and see where I can designate a trackable as "collectible", but I couldn't find the explanation on GC.com. Can you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Can you expand on this a little? I looked around, and see where I can designate a trackable as "collectible", but I couldn't find the explanation on GC.com. Can you provide a link?
    Here is the link from GC.com which explains the "collectible" box. http://support.groundspeak.com/index...kb.page&id=250

If you own a lot of trackables, don't put them out to travel and don't want them to show in your inventory every time you find a cache - this is a very nice feature.