vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Military Geo-Coin Tribute

Default You know....

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I am sure he knows, even though I didn't read this before I left. He was with it enough a couple days ago to understand something about the geocoin to commemorate his service. However, I saw him tonight and he will not be with us physically much longer. No responses to anyone all day, yet when I said the traditional, happy "Hi Unc" he muttered something! Then when I kissed him goodbye tonight, he opened his left eye, which was the side I was on. Just keep sending him prayers please that he can let go and move on with his journey. He's one tough member of the "Bastards of Bataan". (Sorry if this violates and posting rules. That is the name of the surviviors group.)
    Discovering this coin is a priority for me....hope to see you at the next breakfast or an event. And jeez.....don't release it!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    There's no problem with that as far as I am concerned. Your uncle deserves the respect that would allow "Bastards of Bataan".

As he passes from this world, his journey will never again be as difficult as the ones he endured in WWII.
    Absolutely - somethings are just ok! That happens to be one of them.

I, too, really want to discover this coin (but regretfully am leaving for a while on Friday). Passing it hand to hand from cacher may be a safer way to move it.

God Rest Uncle's soul - he will pass when God calls him and when he is ready - trust and believe.........Prayers for him to be comfortable as his new journey begins. Many others of his comrades have lead the way........he will be among the BEST!

Hi All, Uncle Laurie is still with us as of this posting. My cousin, his daughter, is passing on your appreciative and supportive remarks and is very grateful to you all herself. Even though he can not communicate back, we believe he can still take in the positive messages.
    As for the coin, I passed by the thoughts some folks had about keeping it to be discovered and then releasing it. We are in agreement that those of you who wish to discover it should get that discovery before it is released. Then we would like release it into the wild. My uncle fought for freedom. His coin should be free to move about, at least for a while. That being said, the first of its missions is to go back to HI. My uncle loved HI and never got back there. Anyone planning a trip?

Hi Folks. Just got word that my Uncle died just a little while ago, very peacefully, and not long after my cousin wispered your message of thanks from the geocaching community, for his service.

;-) it was his time, he knew..........God rest his soul.

I am humbled by being touched in some small way by this man who forged the history of our Country - as well as ensuring Freedom for us all! God Bless Him - and his family!

God bless you both.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Godspeed, Unc.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Sorry to hear of your loss Dufzor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Very nice

What a wonderful tribute to a true hero.