vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blank found logs

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    ...Or the Charley Brown rating method: Find the ugliest, scrawny cache and find out what is truly interesting about that spot. You just never know what you might find if you change your perspective.
    How true!
    Oh wait, this is the new TL-354 guardrail all the guys at the DOT have been raving about! Maybe those used condoms and hypodermic needles are recyclable! Oh wow, this stop sign has been shot by a rare Ruger Blackhawk! Hey look, I found out where everyone dumps their hazardous waste!

You can have fun or find good in almost any location, but once again, I'll go with the better odds when I know them.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Great idea. Do you have a list of all the cachers who have almost no desire to do series or cache run caches or caches with no purpose other than the numbers? There has to be at least 4 or 5 of us. Somewhere!
    Count us in! We enjoy stretching our pups legs when we can, which is one of the reasons we started caching. We love seeing all kinds of interesting places and the critters who frequent the trails. There are some P&Gs that do bring you to a nice places but with so many that only bring you to a guard rail some times the truly interesting P&Gs get lost in the shuffle.
    The caches tossed up in the winds and waymarked before they land don't do much for us

Fortunately there are oodles of caches that we have not found yet.

Back to Goblers thread topic, we have noticed the actual log books also are lacking in words. Mostly just date and name, a TFTC would be nice. We used to read about what folks may have seen getting to the cache... for example maybe an animal or an interesting feature that they stumbled upon that we may only read about later on line, that we may have been interested in seeing had we known that perhaps there was a fountain of youth nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    Back to Goblers thread topic, we have noticed the actual log books also are lacking in words. Mostly just date and name, a TFTC would be nice.
    I used to like to read what people had traded in the cache. These used to be several threads here about the best places to get "swag" to trade - does anyone still trade items??

And travel bugs are one of our favorite facets of geocaching, but it's hard to find a cache big enough to have a cache in it, and if you do pick up a TB or coin at an event, you can;t find a cache \to put it in! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I used to like to read what people had traded in the cache. These used to be several threads here about the best places to get "swag" to trade - does anyone still trade items??
    Only foreign coins, I quit trading maybe after my 10th find.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    It's hard to find a cache big enough to have a cache in it
    Yes, exactly. It's even harder to find a cache having a cache in it with another cache in it. This way when you find a cache you can geocache in it and when you find a cache you can geocache in it as well. It's like having a taco inside of a taco in a Taco Bell inside a McDonalds.
    Moo

Kevin and I will trade quite often...I find it fun to go shopping for intresting trade items.....that in itself can be a challange. we try to get intresting items that kids and hopefully adults might find of intrest. ok well maybe not adults but teens anyway hehe
    as far as logs go...I like long logs on my caches but I am just happy when people go and enjoy themselves. they took the time to go to the spot that I was able to show them. That is good enough for me.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

durring my 20 years in the Navy I picked up over 300 coins from various countries around the world and they have been in my closet (in a tupperware container hmmmmm how did that happen) collecting dust. when I was trying to get some sort of " signiture" item to place in a cache heidi came up with them and now I have made some cards to attach them to. after my first 300 or so non-micro caches I will have to do something else but we love looking through the caches at the swag. do not always take anything but try to always leave the coin.

We carry trade items so we can beef up a cache that doesn't have much in it. One cache we went to was empty and we went back to the car to get some swag and now we try to keep some on hand in case a cache needs some goodies.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I am sure you have seen the odd logs made by those cell phone apps. I'm not sure if they have straightened that out yet. Those were not blank but almost as bad.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

The cache in question was the bisson birch. A nice walk in the country of at least a mile round trip! I know, kind of hard to believe, but I actually have a couple of that type out there!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!