vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new projects....

Lightbulb 2 new projects....

I have a presentation tomorrow night for 2 Boy Scout troops, and was asked to speak about the do's and don'ts of geocaching. If you would list a few of your favorites I will try and include them in my presentation. I have not forgotten to mention, writing a nice log after the find.

My second project is finding as many bumper stickers as I can. They must be from Maine and include the name of a town in them. If you have any you will part with, or know of a place I can stop along the way and pick up a few let me know. Thanks for your help.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thumbs up

One thing I have notice lately is items being used as swag for trading. We have come across alot of items that should NOT be used and have removed them. Things like gum, candy, liquids that will freeze.
    Also try to presserve caches and logs by putting them back into bags if they are in one. Its the common sence things that seem to be forgotton the most.
    Good luck with your presentation.

I agree with team barbieri. Too many things in caches lately that really shouldn't be there. We've removed things that might freeze and burst, candy that might draw unwanted attention from critters, live ammunition, tampons, and so on and so forth.

Don't forget to take a pencil or some kind of writing instrument. Forgetting one can get you into a lot of trouble! Especially if you inadvertently take the cache pencil by mistake!

I learned that lesson well!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I'm guessing you would need/like a diversified amount of stckers or would several of the same one do?

And the ammo thing is strange. Found 23 pieces of ammo so far.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 12-08-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

How about tradeing even or up? It seems like every cache has nothing but erasers, rubber bands or Mcdonald toys in them after a while. Some do good at trading, but far too many trade in the wrong direction. What are your thoughts on this subject!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Default great question.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I'm guessing you would need/like a diversified amount of stckers or would several of the same one do?

And the ammo thing is strange. Found 23 pieces of ammo so far.
    They need to be different.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Spare logs, etc

I banged on this drum before, but it doesn't take long to make up a bunch of spare logs and keep them with you when you cache. A friendly note from a cacher that a log is full or wet is ok, a more demanding note like "Log is full, needs to be replaced" is not so nice. A log that says "Log was full so we put in a new one" is always pleasant to receive. For those that don't hide caches, this could be your contribution to the game.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

We keep spare logs, zip lock bags of different sizes, tape (clear, black, white, and camo), and different size cache containers with us for repairs when we come across caches in need. how ever the last two times I stopped in brewer at sudinums to get more logs EKIDOKAI was in earlier and bought them all, Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I banged on this drum before, but it doesn't take long to make up a bunch of spare logs and keep them with you when you cache. A friendly note from a cacher that a log is full or wet is ok, a more demanding note like "Log is full, needs to be replaced" is not so nice. A log that says "Log was full so we put in a new one" is always pleasant to receive. For those that don't hide caches, this could be your contribution to the game.
    I have my own drum, it's the MAINTAIN YOUR CACHES! drum. Do you know there is a GSAK macro that you can enter all your caches in now and you can enter how many logs each cache can hold, and it will tell you which ones will soon be requiring new logs? Using that macro, there really is not a lot of excuse for full logs. It does not help so much with wet logs though, that's where Dan's plan is a good thing.

OwnerMaintenance11.gsk

My biggest DO would be to get informed - attend events, join forums, send emails, do what you can to educate yourself and communicate with fellow cachers.

My biggest DON'T would be don't rush to place a cache. Take time to familiarize yourself with the game and ensure it is something you have the desire to do and that you have the time to maintain what you place.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."