vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vegas Baby!

Petr did 1023 caches on the ET Highway in under 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    That is mind boggling! Is there a word like "centum" for that kind of achievement?

I'm going out there with Di and we'll be eating at fine restaurants and taking in shows every night. I'm not going on any 24 hour marathons. If I do half that many it will be a lot for me!

Unless somebody joins me in the quest and then, as they say in that part of the world, all bets are off!
    Well, if centum is Latin for 100, then I guess he did a mille, or 1000. If he did 500 by mid-day, he did a quingenti (and another one before midnight )

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Well, if centum is Latin for 100, then I guess he did a mille, or 1000. If he did 500 by mid-day, he did a quingenti (and another one before midnight )
    I usually do them unus at a time but have done a centum or two!

I remember when I started caching way back when.......when a Centum was a........never mind. I remeber when film cannisters were for film....ah, forget that thought. I remember when a GPS had an arrow that went around in circles and you had about 100 pages of downloaded cache info in your pocket to find ammo cans that didn't have any ammo! I remember putting out TB's that went 30 or 40 thousand miles before coming up missing...not 30 or 40 days!

Am I getting to be one of the "old-timers?'
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I remember when I started caching way back when.......when a Centum was a........never mind. I remeber when film cannisters were for film....ah, forget that thought. I remember when a GPS had an arrow that went around in circles and you had about 100 pages of downloaded cache info in your pocket to find ammo cans that didn't have any ammo! I remember putting out TB's that went 30 or 40 thousand miles before coming up missing...not 30 or 40 days!

Rhetorical question, Dan?

Default Sounds like....

Danny Rooney....
    Happy Trails!

Looks to me like your trying to make a case for you getting some respect! Just remember the phrase, "I get no respect" and you're then all set! No disappointments!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Danny Rooney....
    I'll hold him down Brad and you trim the eyebrows
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.