vb:literal>

Thread: Extra Christmas present for me - yeah!

Default Extra Christmas present for me - yeah!

I ordered 5 sets of Travel Bug dog tags from Groundspeak as a Christmas gift to myself from my husband. When they arrived yesterday they also sent a trackable coin/tb of sorts from Expedia - a new promo I guess. A pleasant surprise!

There is a promo attached, if/when you register the coin you can get a certain amount off a hotel room - I don't remember the details and I don't have it here at the moment.

Nice to see a new promo......

Happy Holidays toooooo yoooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by JFamilySebec View Post
    I ordered 5 sets of Travel Bug dog tags from Groundspeak as a Christmas gift to myself from my husband. When they arrived yesterday they also sent a trackable coin/tb of sorts from Expedia - a new promo I guess. A pleasant surprise!

There is a promo attached, if/when you register the coin you can get a certain amount off a hotel room - I don't remember the details and I don't have it here at the moment.

Nice to see a new promo......
    That's a nice Christmas gift for the two of you. But you are wasting money considering the odds now are that your precious TBs will be picked up by some new cacher with maybe 10 finds and then will be forgotten in their desk drawer when they get tired of the initial caching excitement and you will be forced to mark them all as "missing".

Seems like TBs aren't taken all that seriously by many any more and end up lost 2 times out of 3. I sent two with my parents to Italy last summer and they were both retrieved and promptly never heard from again. Several others of mine here in the U.S. have gotten the same treatment.

Red face my guess......

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Seems like TBs aren't taken all that seriously by many any more and end up lost 2 times out of 3. I sent two with my parents to Italy last summer and they were both retrieved and promptly never heard from again. Several others of mine here in the U.S. have gotten the same treatment.
    the people that picked them up, must have known you.

Most of mine are fine and still gathering miles, here in the US and abroad in Germany.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    That's a nice Christmas gift for the two of you. But you are wasting money considering the odds now are that your precious TBs will be picked up by some new cacher with maybe 10 finds and then will be forgotten in their desk drawer when they get tired of the initial caching excitement and you will be forced to mark them all as "missing".

I'm a big girl now - if this happens, it happens. Most of mine are doing fine.....

That's great. I have put a bunch of coins and Travel Bugs out and most are traveling very nicely. The extra promo is a good idea too. Karma.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thumbs up hehe

Quote Originally Posted by JFamilySebec View Post
    I'm a big girl now - if this happens, it happens. Most of mine are doing fine.....
    Two thumbs up.