vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Baby!

Vegas was OK last time I was there back in the 80's. The heat was terrible in the fall and I was not liking it at all. Lucky for me we were there as part of a electronics promotion so we didn't have to venture outside much.

Dry heat my butt. Hot is hot.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

There must be caches in Red Rock Canyon. If the donkeys are still around out there they may eat your gps unit. They were trying to get on a bus and stuck their heads right in our car. Fun.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    No amount of thinking about my life at 21 will be helpful. I was living in Vienna Austria, tooling around Europe playing the piano and not behaving very well. Most of the memories are a little on the foggy side. I know the beer was REAL good. After that.....purple haze!

Ohhhhhhh....so you're MY dad!!!

Cool!! Several people have noticed the resemblance. Including Percy, Joel, Smitty, even Sitto down on Temple Street.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Ohhhhhhh....so you're MY dad!!!

Dont forget to claim all that back allowance!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default Dan, Petr has set the standard!

Yesterday Petr, Marcipanek (Maine's Caching Monster), tackled the ET Highway solo. He did all the driving, finding, retrieving, signing and replacing by himself.

He started just after midnight and by 10Am reports were he had completed over 500 caches. Around 11PM he crested 1000!! By midnight he had found 1020 caches, in one day, as a solo cacher.

It is too bad such a huge accomplishment will be eclipsed next month when Dan gets to Vegas.

Congratulations Petr, let them try to top that!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Yesterday Petr, Marcipanek (Maine's Caching Monster), tackled the ET Highway solo. He did all the driving, finding, retrieving, signing and replacing by himself.

He started just after midnight and by 10Am reports were he had completed over 500 caches. Around 11PM he crested 1000!! By midnight he had found 1020 caches, in one day, as a solo cacher.

It is too bad such a huge accomplishment will be eclipsed next month when Dan gets to Vegas.

Wow, I haven't found so many in my whole life. I did SRM alone and I know how hard it is to do it alone, great job.
    Moo

You and he are countrymen, correct? Make the rest of us look weak.

That is mind boggling! Is there a word like "centum" for that kind of achievement?

I'm going out there with Di and we'll be eating at fine restaurants and taking in shows every night. I'm not going on any 24 hour marathons. If I do half that many it will be a lot for me!

Unless somebody joins me in the quest and then, as they say in that part of the world, all bets are off!

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    There must be caches in Red Rock Canyon. If the donkeys are still around out there they may eat your gps unit. They were trying to get on a bus and stuck their heads right in our car. Fun.
    There are indeed caches in Red Rock Canyon including The Engagement Cache We placed Brdad's and Msteelee's sig items in that cache long before they were engaged. (September 3, 2004) That cache really works!!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country