vb:literal>

Thread: Earth Trek

Hybrid View

Post Earth Trek

I know several of you have been asking me about my participation with Earth Trek. Please take a few minutes to visit their website and see if taking measurements for scientists and having your collected data, actually count. They offer coins and pins and really cool icons that can be collected too.

Want to get involved in science research in your environment?
    GSA has developed a sister program to Earth Caching called EarthTrek. EarthTrek is a global citizen science program in which you are rewarded for helping scientists by collecting data in your local environment. You are awarded points for data collected and icons and physical rewards for your participation. So come and collect measurements on gravestones, or information about hummingbirds, or measure outbreaks of the invasive weed Garlic Mustard or even just use your computer as part of an earthquake measuring network.

Its free to participate and loads of fun - all while helping scientists to understand the environment. You can even identify yourself as being involved in geocaching and an Earth Cache master by selecting the icons in the EarthTrek profile.

Visit the EarthTrek website.

http://www.geosociety.org/earthcache/ecStore.htm

If anyone has any questions please ask, and look for an Earth Trek/geocaching event in the Spring.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

WooHoo, I got the user name TAT!!!

This sounds like a wonderful project and I can't wait to see how it pans out.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.