vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays!

Default Happy Holidays!

Best wishes to all of my fellow geocachers during the Holiday Season. Enjoy the rest of the year and Happy New Year! Whats been your favorite new years celebration over the years? I have loved partying with some of the same group of friends over the years, varying our location of the celebration every year from homes to restaurants, Old Port area in the freezing cold, and dance halls. Enjoy your celebration, even if it is in the recliner watching the ball drop!:-)
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I will step up to the plate and say - Merry Christmas! Yes, I am a Christian but also respect anyone who may celebrate Hanukkah, Ramaddan or any other "non-traditional" holiday. May all of our Geocaching friends enjoy the splendor and peace of their respective holidays.

And as time passes into the New Year - may 2011 bring to all the very best! Ralph and I wish all - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year!

PS - in response to the what do you do? - we do a sleep over with our Granddaughter so our Daugher and Husband can enjoy a nice evening and weekend out (a Christmas gift which has become tradition). We will be going to a family affair type of party at our local conservation club with the Granddaughter and then coming home to go to bed. We would retire early with or without her so this works for us.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hehheh . . . I sort of kind of messed up the other day. Inspected a local synagogue and as I was leaving the Secretary wished me a Merry Christmas and without thinking I responded, "And Merry Christmas to you too" before realizing what I had said.

As it turned out . . . the secretary actually was not Jewish and celebrates Christmas though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Happy Festivus!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Merry Christmas.

Not religious at all. Just like the season and the meaning which ever avenue you choose to take.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Buon Natale!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

happy winter solstice, the original reason for celebration.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    happy winter solstice, the original reason for celebration.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Cano but the original reason for celebration of CHRISTmas, is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Happy Holidays to each and all. It truly is a wonderful time of the year.....!

Well, Haffy, it's actually not that simple. I just watched a half hour History Channel program two days ago about this very topic. Yes, indeed, there was the wish to celebrate the birth of Christ...but when? There is nothing, anywhere, that says Jesus was born on December 25th. But it was convenient that there was already a large celebration where people gathered family, gave gifts, etc. during the time of the winter solstace. So I think you both have earned some of those new geocaching "points".