vb:literal>

Thread: A little help

Default A little help

We are looking for a little help, with some legal ee's. We need a legal person to help with the possibilities of becoming an organization. We have a few qestions about profit vs. non-profit, and also some State of Maine tax questions. Can someone in the geocaching community help us, or do know of someone who will answer our questions, for a very reduced fee. Geocachingmaine has started to grow, and we want to stay up with the changes we are now going through. If you can help or know of someone ,please email or PM me. Thanks for the support.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Here is a quick article I found to start you off. http://www.scoreknox.org/library/versus.htm

Is it geocachingmaine the organiztion you are trying to incorporate?

Quote Originally Posted by lefty

Is it geocachingmaine the organiztion you are trying to incorporate?
    Yes, we think this might be the way to go, now that we are getting so big.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Post Simple issues to someone

Please read this thread and let us know if you can help,or know someone who can help us. This is for the good of the whole geocaching community, not only Maine but our fellow organizations and out-of-state cachers. It reflects the issues with our growth and the Maine coin and issuing it to ALL cachers who want it. Thanks for taking the time. I am posting this here again, so as not to get lost in the coin thread.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 07-02-2005 at 10:50 AM.

I'm secretary for a club that has 225 members but was not around when it was formed. I'll ask one of our old time members about how it was organized. We do have elected officers, a board which meets monthly, a set of bylaws stating the purpose and general rules of the club, and yearly dues. As a non-profit organization we are limited to income of $25,000 a year, most of that from dues. The only sale we make are club ball caps. I'll ask the treasurer how she handles that. Will be a while since she is on vacation. We do pay a fee to the state every year for the organization and, since we have a clubhouse and land, pay both property taxes and liability insurance. But I'll find out what type of organization it is and what she does with sales tax on the caps and occasional food items.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Default Thanks

This will provide some very useful info.

Thanks.

I posted some information I found out from the kentucky group President at this link here in the coin thread.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...&postcount=309
    Blazing Troll