vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to elect a new advisory board?

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    What I ask, is required to make one "eligible"?
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index...rd_eligibility
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I don't see anything wrong with the Advisory Board parameters, but if someone has a problem with anything, I'd certainly like to hear what they have to say.

By reading the eligibility it looks like we first get polled to see if we want to keep the current board members. Have any of them decided to leave the board? If they have not, and we vote to keep them, then why would there be an opening to fill?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I am so new here that I would decline to vote due to not knowing anyone yet. I just know that for the first month or so I have been very entertained by caroperphotography and ST you are quite entertaining during my 0330 break when working nights.

I don't see why I would not be eligible based on the requirements other than the question of whether or not we will be voting new board members or not.

Is there any requirement about being a native born American? Obama may have some trouble being elected if that is the case.... Has he shown a birth certificate yet? I have mine if and when needed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    By reading the eligibility it looks like we first get polled to see if we want to keep the current board members. Have any of them decided to leave the board? If they have not, and we vote to keep them, then why would there be an opening to fill?
    The issue isn't if a member wants to leave. If we all decide to stay 20 years and nobody gets a chance to come in, this place will get pretty stuffy. There aren't any term limits, but you all have the power to "vote the bums out" if that's what the majority wants. The question right now is "Do you want a board member vote now or not." If you do, the same members may be voted in, or a completely new board (except for Rick), or a mix of new and old members. You decide.

Arrow

I would like a vote for a new board now. Anyone else?

So much I would like to say, so little reason to bother................

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    So much I would like to say, so little reason to bother................
    heh, the site needs a "like button" like on facebook...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I have no issues . . . well with this Board . . . but I still think it's a good idea to open things up for a vote on a regular basis.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."