vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maine's newest geocoin...

Hybrid View

Default Maine's newest geocoin...

In commemoration and celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the first cache placement in Maine, I've created this new geocoin. Since this is the nation's most photographed lighthouse, it's the exact dimensions of a photographic slide. The transparency is meant to be like a 35mm "negative" but as a positive image, like a slide has.

Photographs of the coin are attached...

In total, there are 300 coins: 50 Gold (G) and 250 Black Nickel (BN). All will be available for the 10th Anniversary price of just $10 each.

The Gold version is limited to Maine geocachers only, at least through the end of January. In order for everyone to have a chance to get one, each Maine cacher is limited to ONE (1) Gold version. This version will only be available when you see me in person or make arrangements to pick one up. I will begin a list with 'reservations'. You may post a reply to this thread and I'll honor the requests in the order in which I receive them. In your reply, please indicate if you want a Gold version and how many, if any, of the Black Nickel versions (up to 3, initially) you would like. You may also send an email to me if you'd rather. Remember, I'm not shipping these coins; you must get them from me personally. The best time to do so will be at the 'Celebrate - 10 Years of Caching in Maine!' event (GC2HKCJ) on January 30. I'll have all the coins there, and each coin reservation will have an envelope with the cacher's name. (Note: if you don't want to post, please send an email and not a PM through the board. I don't always see those in a timely way.)

The Black Nickel will be available to all with shipping available. I'll start selling those after the Celebrate event on January 30. I'll post in the national forums at that time. There'll be a limit of 3 BN per order.
    After January 30, if there are any gold coins remaining, those will be available first to former Maine cachers, then to finders of GC128 prior to 1/2/2011, then to anyone. Maine residents may buy more at that time, and more Black Nickel as well.

Based on the way the 10-10-10 geocoins went, I expect these will go quickly. There are just 300 and when they're gone, there are no more.

If you have any questions, please post or email and I'll do my best to reply promptly. Keep in mind... the general idea here is for the Gold versions to get distributed to as many Maine folks as possible and not bought up for someone's eBay auctions. Same goes for the BN.

Lastly, I do still have some kayakerinme sets in antique silver available for trade. See me for more details.

Thanks, Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine10_Gold_Front.JPG 
Views:	412 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine10_Gold_Back.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine10_BN_Front.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	365.2 KB 
ID:	561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine10_BN_Back.JPG 
Views:	410 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine10_Trans_Front.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	563  

posted on FB, but just in case...these are very nice! I would like to order one of each please!

Thumbs up Great coins Barry...

Email sent with my request. One of each please....
    Happy Trails!

One Gold for dufzor. Will pick up at GC2HKCJ. Looks beautiful. TY

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    One Gold for dufzor. Will pick up at GC2HKCJ. Looks beautiful. TY
    I've got one set aside for you. See you in January!

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    I've got one set aside for you. See you in January!
    TY. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sent email - nice, nice, nice!

Am I still considered a Maine geocacher? I would like one of each if possible. And no comments about me being a "Maine" geocacher either...LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

We would like 1 gold and 2 of the black nickle. We will be at the celebration (GC2HKCJ) Thanks John & Teresa

I'll buy breakfast.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.