Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Cabin Fever 2011

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    815

    Default Cabin Fever 2011

    http://coord.info/GC2KV4Z

    I have written my letter to Camden State Park requesting the weekend of January 14th to 16th for the Cabin Fever Event. For those who are not familiar with this, it's a winter camping experience not to be forgotten. Watch the date carefully, there is a chance I may not get the weekend I requested. My second choice was the following weekend.

    http://coord.info/GC2KV4Z

    January 4th = I've got confirmation from Camden State Park and we have the cabin booked for the weekend of January 21st to 23rd.
    Last edited by Kaching Karen; 01-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I have written my letter to Camden State Park requesting the weekend of January 14th to 16th for the Cabin Fever Event. For those who are not familiar with this, it's a winter camping experience not to be forgotten. The event should be posted very soon. Watch the date carefully, there is a chance I may not get the weekend I requested. My second choice was the following weekend.
    I have forgotten - did we hike in on Saturday or Friday????

    You are right - not to be forgotten!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I have forgotten - did we hike in on Saturday or Friday????

    You are right - not to be forgotten!
    I believe you came in on Saturday. A couple of us skied back from the cabin and met you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    815

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    I tried to make this last year . . . by sled . . . but broke down . . . the only time my beloved Skidoo left me stranded in the woods . . . newer sled this year . . . if there is snow I may try coming in by sled to say hi.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I believe you came in on Saturday. A couple of us skied back from the cabin and met you.
    Yes, you are right - how could I forget that hike???!!! I would love to try and make it Friday this year. Thanks for reminding me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    [x, y, z, t]
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Where can I buy a nice sled? Went to Dick's sporting goods, they don't have any I would like. they don't even have bungee cords, but they have a large selection of snow shoes ($130 - $150)
    Moo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    I got mine at Aubuchon http://outdoor-living.hardwarestore....ed-147520.aspx

    Almost any cheap sled will work, but if you get a wider one, it might not tip over as easily. A smaller one will keep you from taking too much gear.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I got mine at Aubuchon http://outdoor-living.hardwarestore....ed-147520.aspx

    Almost any cheap sled will work, but if you get a wider one, it might not tip over as easily. A smaller one will keep you from taking too much gear.
    Yup TAT - right on!

    That's the one I got (last year) and with some parachute type cord wound through the holes (I think I got that there - or at the Hardware store at the end of Exchange Street - used to be Bangor Hardward/believe not Aubuchon anyway), some bungies (if the sled people don't have any - try the hardware store near Blue Seal Feeds N Needs, or Blue Seal or Marden's) and a few knots in the rope (opps - maybe I got the rope at Ocean State Job Lot) - I was good to go. This year I am considering the blue (or other colored) tarp wrap of everything in the sled before bungying it down into the sled.

    I have gone through my list of gear - ready and waiting to hear the "real date"..............

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Warren, ME
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Lincoln Canoe in Freeport has some really nice sleds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •