vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Fever 2011

Hybrid View

Default Cabin Fever 2011

http://coord.info/GC2KV4Z

I have written my letter to Camden State Park requesting the weekend of January 14th to 16th for the Cabin Fever Event. For those who are not familiar with this, it's a winter camping experience not to be forgotten. Watch the date carefully, there is a chance I may not get the weekend I requested. My second choice was the following weekend.

http://coord.info/GC2KV4Z

January 4th = I've got confirmation from Camden State Park and we have the cabin booked for the weekend of January 21st to 23rd.
    Last edited by Kaching Karen; 01-04-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I have written my letter to Camden State Park requesting the weekend of January 14th to 16th for the Cabin Fever Event. For those who are not familiar with this, it's a winter camping experience not to be forgotten. The event should be posted very soon. Watch the date carefully, there is a chance I may not get the weekend I requested. My second choice was the following weekend.
    I have forgotten - did we hike in on Saturday or Friday????

You are right - not to be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I have forgotten - did we hike in on Saturday or Friday????

You are right - not to be forgotten!
    I believe you came in on Saturday. A couple of us skied back from the cabin and met you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I believe you came in on Saturday. A couple of us skied back from the cabin and met you.
    Yes, you are right - how could I forget that hike???!!! I would love to try and make it Friday this year. Thanks for reminding me.

Where can I buy a nice sled? Went to Dick's sporting goods, they don't have any I would like. they don't even have bungee cords, but they have a large selection of snow shoes ($130 - $150)
    Moo

Default Sleds

Try any Yamaha dealership. The good ones start around $10,000!

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Where can I buy a nice sled? Went to Dick's sporting goods, they don't have any I would like. they don't even have bungee cords, but they have a large selection of snow shoes ($130 - $150)
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Last year I used one of our kids old plastic sleds, and it was fine. At first I thought it would be too small, but TAT's right; too big a sled makes you bring too much stuff! I agree with Hollora, too. Wrap it all in a tarp or plastic in the sled so stuff doesn't fall out. If I remember correctly, there was one runaway sled last year that took off into the woods a few times on the way back!

I tried to make this last year . . . by sled . . . but broke down . . . the only time my beloved Skidoo left me stranded in the woods . . . newer sled this year . . . if there is snow I may try coming in by sled to say hi.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I got mine at Aubuchon http://outdoor-living.hardwarestore....ed-147520.aspx

Almost any cheap sled will work, but if you get a wider one, it might not tip over as easily. A smaller one will keep you from taking too much gear.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.