vb:literal>

Thread: Maine's 10th Anniversary passed quietly

Smile Maine's 10th Anniversary passed quietly

I was a bit busy yesterday and meant to post but couldn't. I'm a bit surprised no one else posted

Yesterday, 1/2/2011, was the 10th anniversary of the first cache placement in Maine. The Fort Williams Cache GC128 has has 1279 logged visits in that time. Many of the logs are still there. The cache was mugged in July of 2003 and a new ammo can was placed. That ammo can along with all the logs since then are there awaiting new visitors. The cache is currently watched by 25 cachers; 36 have made this cache a favorite. 475 trackables have been logged in and out over the past ten years.

Congrats to all the finders and to the many, many more that will find this over the next ten years and beyond.

Happy Anniversary! And thanks to those who have kept this one going. So many other historic caches from 2001 are gone.

That stinks - I forgot too. We've had 4 Christmases this year, and most fell over this weekend. Glad it's all over now!

Happy day GC128!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I found this for #200 and it is still one of my favorite caches (I gave it a favorite point). Thanks for keeping it going.

This was my very first cache find way back in May of 2003 with my lovely wife. At the time, I didn't know that this was the first cache to be placed in Maine. We also went on to find Director, Maine's first virtual cache on that same day.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

We have found a few of the oldest active caches in many states this year and Maine's cache definitely brings you to one of the most beautiful parks we have been to.... not that we are biased or anything