vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Nature Coservancy Infiltration.....ForestDefenders in Flesh and Blood

I have a number of earthcache location on TNC properties and have found Daniel Grenier to be very helpful and good to respond to requests. His issue started with complaints of unauthorized placements and the refusal of the owner to make modifications. In all cases when I have given them to him before submitting there have been minor modifications. The important thing is permission to place the cache, I have a folder of permissions for my caches and have been ask to show them by groundspeak in the past which is fine with me. If folks in the past had permission for all cache locations this discussion would not be taking place, IMO.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Default It's all in the presentation

I hunt almost exclusively on posted property. How can that be you ask? It's easy, I go to the town office, get the owner info, call the landowner and try to arrange a face to face if it appears they may be inclined to let me use their property. This works EVERY time! Dropping off a field dressed grouse doesn't hurt either.

Tat is right that a positive relationship with TNC may be forged but it won't happen by threats or any other negative actions. ( Like me telling a landowner I'll sneak on their property when they aren't around )

The example of the Androscogging Land Trust and the CITO event would be our ticket to getting a more favorable response to our game. I agree that their current posture is just plain wrong and have written to them to voice this, and I am a member for what that's worth.

Perhaps a meeting could be arranged with Mr. Grenier. I would be happy to attend.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I hunt almost exclusively on posted property. How can that be you ask? It's easy, I go to the town office, get the owner info, call the landowner and try to arrange a face to face if it appears they may be inclined to let me use their property. This works EVERY time! Dropping off a field dressed grouse doesn't hurt either.
    Dressed goose??? You can hunt on my property anytime. And you can place a cache on my property, too. (Park in the driveway and you'll have WiFi, too!)

(Oh - and I got RULost2? a K-Cup coffee maker for Christmas, so the coffee is only 2 minutes away!)
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 01-06-2011 at 08:37 AM.

I'm curious what a "field dressed" grouse looks like. Does it get it's field clothing from LLBean?

This is a great example of how informative a thread can become on this site. Thanks for all the great posts. I will definitely be more aware when I place future caches.

It's a shame that we have to have the Roxanne Quimby's,the Nature Conservancy,and protests at military funerals ie Westboro Baptist church in our ranks,but that's the way it is. They are a plague (my opinion) and like all plagues we have to deal with it.

This is pertinent topic so I don't want to hijack the thread. Grouse, or partridge as they're called here are a snap to clean. Put the bird flat on its back, stand on the wings with the legs pointed towards you. Grab the legs and with a steady pull the breast and the wings will quickly separate from the rest of the bird. Chop of the wings, rinse and you're done!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I'm curious what a "field dressed" grouse looks like. Does it get it's field clothing from LLBean?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I just want to concur that I thank you all for posting in this thread. It has been very informative and I hope will continue to be. I especially glad that TAT weighed in on the topic as well. If anyone can shed light on the thoughts behind this issue, he can. So thank you TAT!

I did archive the two caches in question, in case anyone is wondering.

I am a very strong advocate of land/property owner rights, and agree that permission should be needed. However I believe you all know my opinion whether you agree with it or not, on public property. I as a tax payer am entitled to use the property that my hard work and legalized extortion by the state and Federal Government has paid to buy , and maintain.

The two caches of mine in question though, are in no doubt located on the right of way that CMP owns and did not newly buy from TNC. TNC obtained the property around the power line corridor recently. End of story.

I guess I only place GRCs from now on.

On a side note, were Groundspeak to retroactively require all caches that have been placed to show some sort of proof of property owner permission, or be archived.... how many would survive?

Quote Originally Posted by number seven View Post
    It's a shame that we have to have the Roxanne Quimby's,the Nature Conservancy,and protests at military funerals ie Westboro Baptist church in our ranks,but that's the way it is. They are a plague (my opinion) and like all plagues we have to deal with it.
    Number Seven. I like you. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    This is pertinent topic so I don't want to hijack the thread. Grouse, or partridge as they're called here are a snap to clean. Put the bird flat on its back, stand on the wings with the legs pointed towards you. Grab the legs and with a steady pull the breast and the wings will quickly separate from the rest of the bird. Chop of the wings, rinse and you're done!
    Thanks Dan.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-06-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: fixed missing quote bracket