• Don't have a kayak but would go if I could get ahold on one

3 25.00%
  • Don't have a kayak

2 16.67%
  • I am not interested

2 16.67%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kayak kache event

Maybe Deer Isle is a good alternative, drive to the campground and kayak to the caches. I would not mind a commercial campground either.

wbdent I really like the Deer Isle idea. You can drive right to Deer Isle, so those that do not wish to kayak but still want to spend attend the event or spend the night with us can. There are at present 10 caches right on the Island. It looks like 5 of them can be accesed by a kayak like Becket said.

wbdent This sounds like a good plan to me. What does everyone else think about this? Do we have any takers? I have included a list of campgrounds that I found on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with any of these campgrounds or have any other suggestions.

Greenlaw's RV-Tentings
    137 Airport Road
    PO Box 72
    Stonington, ME 04681
    367-5049
    May 1 thru September 30

Old Quarry Campground
    130 Settlement Road
    Stonington, ME 04681
    367-8977
    info@oldquarry.com
    April 1 thru October 31

Sunshine Campground
    1181 Sunshine Road
    Deer Isle, ME 04627
    348-2663 or 367-8977
    info@sunshinecampground.com
    June 17 thru September 6
    Blazing Troll

Default hmmmm

Deer Isle sounds awesome! I don't kayak, but would certainly enjoy gathering with others at the end of a day of caching in the area. Is the date planned August 20th? I was thinking about heading up that way for a day in the near future so this would work out well!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Deer Isle sounds awesome! I don't kayak, but would certainly enjoy gathering with others at the end of a day of caching in the area. Is the date planned August 20th? I was thinking about heading up that way for a day in the near future so this would work out well!
    Sheesh! I hate RULOST2?'s work schedule - EVERY WEEKEND!!! If this comes off the weekend of Aug 20th, "Beachie", I just may come up for the day by myself.

Lets do it!!!

Post Work, sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! I hate RULOST2?'s work schedule - EVERY WEEKEND!!! If this comes off the weekend of Aug 20th, "Beachie", I just may come up for the day by myself.

Lets do it!!!
    Would you like to borrow my weasel. I do not need to practice my weaseling skills anymore. I will be bringing him to bar-b-que in Augusta. He's all yours. LOL hehehehe
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default event

guess it's time to think of more places for caches on the island! i'll have to start thinking about an event cache. i don't kayak but i sure would like to join you guys at some point.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Would you like to borrow my weasel. I do not need to practice my weaseling skills anymore. I will be bringing him to bar-b-que in Augusta. He's all yours. LOL hehehehe
    No, hang on to him for someone more needy. We're experts at weaseling - it's just that you need to know when to weasel and when not to. LOL!

I am in the process of trying to get ahold of Old Quarry Campground and Sunshine Campground on the phone right now to see if they have a place for a group site. I will let everyone know when I find something out.
    Blazing Troll

wbdent I just got off the phone with Old Quarry Campground. I have site number #1 reserved for us for August 20th. We can fit 4 or five tents in this site and possibly more. I asked if we had more if there would be room and then said they have overflow sites that we could put more tents in if we had to. But the overflow is not at the same location. But this will give us a place to meet at and have a good time and socialize.

wbdent I am going to post the event later on tonight so that is will be posted on GC.
    Blazing Troll

I submitted the event it is just waiting for approval. The title of the event it called "Kayak Kache event 2005".
    Blazing Troll