3 25.00%
  • Don't have a kayak

2 16.67%
  • I am not interested

2 16.67%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Kayak kache event

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I submitted the event it is just waiting for approval. The title of the event it called "Kayak Kache event 2005".
    Is a time/place going to be established for us "non-kayakers" to meet?

d’76 Guest

Went to GC and it looks like it's been approved already. As far as the location for those that won't be kayaking why not meet at the camp site and head out from there. I think most of those caches can be reached on foot. I think that I have done most of them and they are all worth the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Went to GC and it looks like it's been approved already. As far as the location for those that won't be kayaking why not meet at the camp site and head out from there. I think most of those caches can be reached on foot. I think that I have done most of them and they are all worth the walk.
    Walk?????

I echo your words Bruce,,,,WALK? We did all of the island caches last month along with Dave so I can't figure out why he would say to walk....lol There are many miles between them ...lol and maybe 5 or so can be accessed from the water and the rest are inland. What were you thinking anyway DAVE?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I echo your words Bruce,,,,WALK? We did all of the island caches last month along with Dave so I can't figure out why he would say to walk....lol There are many miles between them ...lol and maybe 5 or so can be accessed from the water and the rest are inland. What were you thinking anyway DAVE?
    Well, Deer Island is one of my favorite places in Maine, so I'm gonna try and be at the meet and get as many caches as I can. Sheesh! Why don't you go with me, Haffy, and show me where the caches are? LOL!

d’76 Guest

Damn right!!!!, WALK it's a small island. Haffy, aguy your age the walk would maybe prevent future hip replacement. LOL .

I wouldn't recommend hiking from Cache to cache but the various walks to the caches are worth it.

I might join you for a few of them again. Becky did a nice job with them. Even if you don't make the event I would strongly recommend doing the caches another time.

Sorry for the confusion(not really)

Have a good evening
    Dave

Isn't there a place in Northport that rents Kayaks? For that matter their must be dozens of places that rent them, maybe we could have people post those places that do rent Kayaks for those that are interested.

What time are kayakers meeting Saturday? Are we shooting for Deer Isle/Stonington, or are we going to try for Isle Au Haut too? It looks a lot more open, I'd feel better doing it with a group. If some in the group aren't comfortable with that one, that's fine too. I'll be more than happy exploring Deer Isle by slow boat.

wbdent The price I believe is $14 per person for camping. I will check tomorrow and if I am wrong I will let you all know.

wbdent For those interested in the web site for the campground here it is. http://oldquarry.com

wbdent For those that do not have a kayak and wish to rent one that have kayaks for rent for the following prices:

wbdent I will need to check to see if we have to pay for additional parking also.

They do rent kayaks at the campground. Here are the prices I got off there web site. You may be able to find them cheaper sopmeplace else, but U would not know where.

Kayak Paddle:
    $8/day

PDF
    $5/day

Single kayak:
    $40/halfday
    $55/day
    $60.50/overnight
    $300/week

Tandem Kayak:
    $50/halfday
    $65/day
    $71.50/overnight
    $380/week
    Blazing Troll

I don't know what time everyone wants to meet to start kayaking on Saturday. Lets hear from some people so I can set a time on the event posting.

We need to set a time for those that want to meet and not kayak also.

The campground check in is at 11 am. So that will be an issue also. I will call them tomorrow and see what we can do about that. If I have to I will reserve it for Firday night also if it is not taken.
    Blazing Troll