3 25.00%
  • Don't have a kayak

2 16.67%
  • I am not interested

2 16.67%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Kayak kache event

Default kayak event

the old quarry campground is in the oceanville section of stonington it is not far from where the "grout trail" cache is (same quarry) the campground is just after the sunshine seafood building the campground is on webb's cove the big building you will see on your way in to the campground is where jfk's memorial (the granite work) was made isle au haut is 6 miles from stonington - lots of little islands in between
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I called the campground. If no one is in that site the night before we can check in as soon as we get there. If someone is in it then we can go off and do our thing and set up when we get back. If someone in the group comes and does not kayak they can check in for us at 11 am if we are not around. I can leave a list of names or just let them know it is OK.
    Blazing Troll

Default grout trail coords

the coords i have for the grout trail cache are 44 10.486 and 068 38.478. i forgot that i told some of you that i would post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    the coords i have for the grout trail cache are 44 10.486 and 068 38.478. i forgot that i told some of you that i would post them here.
    Becket is this a new cache?
    Blazing Troll

Default quarry

no, attroll, this cache has been at the quarry for a few years now, but the coords are off and a lot of people have had trouble finding it. i told beach comber that i would post the coords i had on this forum. i knew that people who hadn't found it yet would be looking for it when they are camped right there at the kayaking event. also, if there is anything i can do for the event, let me know. i am in stonington occasionally. lol

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    no, attroll, this cache has been at the quarry for a few years now, but the coords are off and a lot of people have had trouble finding it. i told beach comber that i would post the coords i had on this forum. i knew that people who hadn't found it yet would be looking for it when they are camped right there at the kayaking event. also, if there is anything i can do for the event, let me know. i am in stonington occasionally. lol
    Oh, OK. Thank you. I can not think of anything that needs to be done for the event. We are just going to wing it as we go. It looks like there will be a group kayaking to caches and another group driving around to caches. The group kayaking is going to be leaving the Augusta area around 7 in the morning to head to the campgroud. That should place us there around 9 am we are figuring. If there is no one in our site will will chack in and then head out kayking. If someone is in our site then we will head out kayaking and check in when we get back. I don't know what time we will get back. But if we are not back and the site is open anyone in the group can start setting up. The group that is going to meet and drive to the caches is not being organized by me. I don't know how or if anyone has stepped forward and said where and what time they are going to meet. I know Beach Comber is going and two others. I can not think of the two others who said they were going. Maybe someone in that group needs to post something.
    Blazing Troll

Default drive and cache

I believe that WhereRWe? and TwoMainiacs are planning to drive and cache that day. Noreasta said that he may as well. Becket said she might join in too. I am planning to go at this point, but don't have more details than that to share.

There really isn't any formal plan to get together at this time - ideas can be raised here in the forum.

Am I correctly remembering the people who expressed an interest?
    Are there others interested in caching that day?
    Is there a preference, etc. about caching as a group, alone, times, caches to do, etc.?
    ~ Beach Comber ~

We are hoping to make it up but cannot commit due to something that has come up. I'll watch here and see what is chosen for a time/place for dry landers to meet. Will post as soon as we know for sure.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Default I plan to be part of the "drive around" group

and would be able to be at Wal-Mart at 7:00. If anyone would like to carpool, let me know.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    I believe that WhereRWe? and TwoMainiacs are planning to drive and cache that day. Noreasta said that he may as well. Becket said she might join in too. I am planning to go at this point, but don't have more details than that to share.

There really isn't any formal plan to get together at this time - ideas can be raised here in the forum.

Am I correctly remembering the people who expressed an interest?
    Are there others interested in caching that day?
    Is there a preference, etc. about caching as a group, alone, times, caches to do, etc.?
    Looks like both RULOST2? and I will be among the "day cachers", but we plan to make it an overnighter (motel). If there's a single cacher out there who would like to meet us in the area and cache with us, we'd be glad to have them.