vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spammers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We did have an issue where people were able to PM (but not post) before being approved, but I thought we had fixed that.
    I looked, but I could not find anything to allow or deny sending a PM. That was the first thing on my mind yesterday - how could he send a PM without being validated?

I don't understand that either right now because people can not post PM's until they are registered users.
    Blazing Troll

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation
    Unregistered / Not Logged In
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

All have Maximum Stored Messages: 50

This does not seem right to me, as it states "If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging."

It seems this might be our issue, but I'd rather get verification, Rick.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

This does not seem right to me, as it states "If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging."

Sheesh! Took me a while to find this, but I agree with you Brdad. Changing this should solve that problem, but I'll leave it to Rick to change the parameters...

This is storage for messages sent to them. It has nothing to do with sending messages. If you have a user in moderation or any other of this status then you may want to send them a PM telling them why. if it is set to "0" then they will not get the message.

These three groups have the option to send PM to off. So they should not be able to send a PM. I will have to created another account and have Bruce not approve it and see if I will be able to send a PM. I am busy right now and getting ready to head out. I will do it when later. If one of you two want to try it, your more then welcome.
    Blazing Troll

Unapproved member brspammerdad may have sent you two PMs. They appeared to send fine, but when he looked in his PM outbox, it was empty.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Unapproved member brspammerdad may have sent you two PMs. They appeared to send fine, but when he looked in his PM outbox, it was empty.
    I didn't get any PM's from "him". And I checked - his IP address does not show up in the StopForumSpam database, and his ISP is Verizon, so I'll probably just go ahead and approve him. LOL!

I changed the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" group to 0 and brspammerdad cannot send any PMs, in fact the option is removed from all menus.

There is still an issue with email confirmation, brspammerdad never got an email from the site. He did, however, misspell his email address on the first try.

EDIT: email corrected, email came quickly. lol
    Last edited by brdad; 01-11-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Once I confirmed email, I was one again able to send PMs without being approved. Setting the Max to 0 again hid the PM menu altogether.

I think we'll have to leave these set to 0 until we upgrade, Rick.

I set the unregistered/Not Logged in to 0 as well, even though I tried and cannot send PMs when not logged in.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-11-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Sounds good to me Dave. Thank you.
    Blazing Troll