vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for board members

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I will stay for another term if everyone wants me to.
    I thought you were the single permanent, non voted on member. This site is your creation, if people don't want you in, you can take your basketball and go home

Yes, Rick is in by default. Most everything the board discusses affects the web site in some way anyway, and we need Rick's input on what can and can not be done with the site.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Decline

I am afraid I will have to decline the nomination. I can't even remember the last vote. It is so hard to figure out a plan on where to go or how to go caching I have done very little of it lately.

The web site and board do a great service for the state and caching. There really is not too much hard work involved in the board activities. It is an easy assignment.

Take care
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I would be interested in being a board member if Sudonim and Ekidokai are declining. I think it's necessary to have a board so I don't want to see it thin out too far.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I would be interested in being a board member if Sudonim and Ekidokai are declining. I think it's necessary to have a board so I don't want to see it thin out too far.
    I second that nominaton..or first it if it needs one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I am afraid I will have to decline the nomination. I can't even remember the last vote. It is so hard to figure out a plan on where to go or how to go caching I have done very little of it lately.

The web site and board do a great service for the state and caching. There really is not too much hard work involved in the board activities. It is an easy assignment.
    Sheesh! You're just annoyed because you didn't get paid. LOL!

Default $

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! You're just annoyed because you didn't get paid. LOL!
    I got paid, finally. It took too much time and had to send half back, but it was worth it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring, too. I tend to be pretty busy, but I almost always make time to check in with my favorite hobby.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I second that nominaton. . . . . or 3rd it ????
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Default A few thoughts..

Having been nominated, please allow me to share a few thoughts about this "site."

Lacking any other group in place, I think this org. can do a great deal more in the area of public outreach and education. There are many terrific and knowledgable folks here and an effort needs to be made to let folks throughout the state that we can provide speakers to talk about our game. The best way to grow the sport is to promote it and the best promotions come from people that know the game and don't mind sharing their passion and skills with new players. We should have a list of speakers and contact into and the geographical area these speakers would work in.

I'd like to see our group do or get behind one fundraiser each year. Brdad's beautiful woodcarving TB has made a few rounds including the ACS Relay that a handful of us attend and support each year in Ellsworth. There's plenty of good reasons for soliciting support from our members for a cause like this. While many gave, if 25% of the members gave 5 bucks, the amount raised would be considerable.

Lastly, why not have this group and its members sponsor the type of event put on the last two years by the Southern Maine bunch. The GeoRally is a blast but not that well attended by the northern cachers.

In short, a little more active get out and do it activities.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.