vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GeocachingMaine.og Website/Donating Members

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Thanks Dan, my sentiments exactly!!!!
    Third time's a charm.
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    The only real issue I can see is that the IRS might ask Rick to account for the donations as income for himself but then he can show a greater loss than gain so wouldn't that be a wash as far as the IRS is concerned?
    Exactly, but then again, he doesn't keep any books does he?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    For any of us to say it is or has to be one way is not good for the conversation.
    I didn't, however, as my last several posts show, if I don't like it I can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    if you take what I considered a cheap shot to this site.
    AGAIN, Dan....I said, I DON'T THINK RICK IS MISMANAGING $. I am trying to help keep Rick OUT of hot water. Some of us are good and reliable people, others, who can say? Just because they geocache does not change who the person is. If they lie, cheat and steal in their lives, they'll find any excuse or cover they can.
    I work for a CPA, I've seen audits up close and personal. The IRS can delve into anything they want and all it takes is one bad tax return and one curious agent. I realize this would be a longshot. But why expose yourself that way? If anyone knows what CYA means, I thought it would be you. I mean that is the most pleasent way possible...with a :-), really

Rip Van Winkle could have slept for 20 years and nothing would have changed, IF he were a geocacher.

Funny to take a quick "lurk" and see the same few Contrarians posting away!

LOL
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Ok, if you're really trying to help Rick out then please, please, don't ever suggest again that people don't donate to the site. That is the only remark you said that hit a nerve with me and others.Coming onto anybody's site and suggesting that others don't support it is never going to be well received. Rick isn't in hot water and should he ever be there are folks with your skills and folks with the skills we lawyers can bring to the table that can help him out.

I have had plenty of non-profits I represent receive IRS letters inquiring about the lack of tax returns. Most of the time a quick note explaining the nature of the activity and a ballpark of the gross of the entity is enough for the IRS to go away. I'm guessing that Rick doesn't even come close to the threshold for reporting requirements.

Nobody is suggesting you tuck your tail here. You seem capable of thoughtful responses, albeit you have taken it more personally then most here. This is a diverse group, but I have yet to encounter anybody here I wouldn't cache with, including you. But for the opening remark, the responses might have been a little less blunt. That's how it goes sometime.

So, are you ready to donate now?

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans View Post
    AGAIN, Dan....I said, I DON'T THINK RICK IS MISMANAGING $. I am trying to help keep Rick OUT of hot water. Some of us are good and reliable people, others, who can say? Just because they geocache does not change who the person is. If they lie, cheat and steal in their lives, they'll find any excuse or cover they can.
    I work for a CPA, I've seen audits up close and personal. The IRS can delve into anything they want and all it takes is one bad tax return and one curious agent. I realize this would be a longshot. But why expose yourself that way? If anyone knows what CYA means, I thought it would be you. I mean that is the most pleasent way possible...with a :-), really
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Rip Van Winkle could have slept for 20 years and nothing would have changed, IF he were a geocacher.

LOL
    heh "like button"
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

LOL
    Contrary to what you may... oh, never mind.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Just Donated. I donate to this site for the same reasons that I am a premium member on GC.com. I use the site a lot, I helps me to relax and connect, and I really enjoy it. I guess that I spend several hundred dollars a year on coffee and probably more on beer (Thanks for the Noble Pils suggestion Bruce) $15 for GIM.org or $25 bucks for GC.com is a small price to pay. As for my two cents (pun intended) about contributing. I recently had the pleasure of attending a conference. One of the speakers was Sue Enquist, an 11 time national champ softball coach for UCLA. Her message?: Love the Game. It doesn't care if you have a bad day or good day, It's the game and you should love to play it and coach it. I love this game. I love the people I've met, the events I've attended and all of the caches (to include the micro's BRDAD) I have been an uber-slacker in the last few months, but I really do love this game. I would pay triple if I had too. Even on a Detective's salary.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?