vb:literal>

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Get to know your nominees

Default Get to know your nominees

This thread is for nominees to introduce themselves, and for members to ask questions to the nominees. The crotchety policeman of threads gone astray will try to show some restraint here.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think we have a great community of people here and I really just want to contribute in any way I can. Thats it really.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I think we have a great community of people here and I really just want to contribute in any way I can. Thats it really.
    You said it well and I agree. I'll contribute any way I can as well.

I've said before I think the main components of the board are availability and being able to voice an opinion is another. Of course, being able to admit that opinion may be wrong and the ability to discuss that rationally helps too.

I think I meet those criteria and am always trying to think up ways to better the site. I'd still like to see the site become more of a resource - more than just a discussion board.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I've said before I think the main components of the board are availability and being able to voice an opinion is another. Of course, being able to admit that opinion may be wrong and the ability to discuss that rationally helps too.

I think I meet those criteria and am always trying to think up ways to better the site. I'd still like to see the site become more of a resource - more than just a discussion board.

And bonus! he can fix computer login problems like nobody's business
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Default Time to give back....

I have been active in promoting geocaching, formally with scout troops, and informally as often as I can. As a long time member of geocachingmaine.org I have seen the changes it has gone through, some good and some not so good. I too would like to see the site become more of a resource for newcomers and expand the experience of geocaching for all who venture to look inside the forums. As for the not so good. If we are going to promote newcomers and some of them are going to be the younger ones, we need to assure them the site will be respectful and the experience enjoyable.

I have taken a lot form geocaching, road trips to places and states I never would have seen, time with my son and navigator 1manteam, and friendships I will enjoy for a lifetime. Now it's time for me to give something back.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default I'm not into self promotion much, but...

I am on here several times a day. I don't always say a lot in response to comments, because if I don't have something nice to say I wall choose to say nothing. I too have been caching a long time. (since 2003) and have been on this site since it started in 2004. I know just about everybody on here, and have met face to face with most of them. I believe myself to be fair under most circumstances. And I promote our pastime to most everyone I meet. If people wish me to serve on the advisory board I will try to do my best. Thank you...
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I am on here several times a day. I don't always say a lot in response to comments, because if I don't have something nice to say I wall choose to say nothing. I too have been caching a long time. (since 2003) and have been on this site since it started in 2004. I know just about everybody on here, and have met face to face with most of them. I believe myself to be fair under most circumstances. And I promote our pastime to most everyone I meet. If people wish me to serve on the advisory board I will try to do my best. Thank you...
    No promises of a "schnauzer in every pot"???

Wink Um Andy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    No promises of a "schnauzer in every pot"???
    It's a good thing I read this before Sweetie did.
    Happy Trails!

Default A few ideas

My vision of the organization is to expand the many resources the members here provide.

Outreach and education is what it takes to get new cachers in the game. We all speak enthusiastically about the game but I think those of us that enjoy kids and/or public speaking need to have our names out there so that if somebody in a particular area needs a speaker, we go. Like Gary, I've been active in this role in local junior high schools, one where I did multiple lectures and "hooked" a bunch of kids. The local Boys/Girls club approached me today to do a talk with the kids and I thoroughly enjoy doing it will continue to do it. I'm sure others here will step up to the plate and join a "speakers bureau" for lack of a better term.

With all the member here, having the members get behind and supporting some of the charitable efforts of our group would also be nice. Dan Bahr, aka emsdanel has chaired the Hancock County Relay for Life several times and has been able to count on some of his caching friends for support. More could be involved as I'm sure there are very few here that wouldn't support the American Cancer Society's efforts. Last year, those of us that participated proudly carried the beautiful wood placque that brdad made around the track.

Lastly, some perceive a division between cachers from the North and cachers from the South. The so called "southern cachers" put on a heck of an event with the georally and the event generated almost $5000 for disadvantaged kids. More folks from the northern part of the state ought to partake in events like this. The southern cachers don't hesitate to drive to Eustis so more of us should drive to DeLorme!

Just a few thoughts. Many might think any or all of these ideas are way beyond the scope of what goes on here, but with such a large number of "members" a lot could happen.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.