vb:literal>

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Get to know your nominees

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior View Post
    i would like to ask just one more question on this north south thing. If all Board members are voted on " at large " is it even an issue ?
    No. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior View Post
    i would like to ask just one more question on this north south thing. If all Board members are voted on " at large " is it even an issue ?
    I'm a big boy, but not all the board members are "at large"!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'm a big boy, but not all the board members are "at large"!
    I was at "beer and wings" and that might be debatable. not many of us were lean mean caching machine's. OK maybe a few.

Question So when does the voting start.....

Elections: Names of those interested in participating in the advisory board will be collected in the first week of December and voting will be held the last three weeks of December. The current board will decide on the method to collect, count and validate the votes. All geocachingmaine.org members will be allowed one vote. The votes will be tallied at the first of January and the board will be refreshed at that time. Four board members will be elected in. The webmaster is a necessary member and will hold the position of 5th board member.

Shouldn't this be a done deal, by now the 6th of February. And I guess I don't understand the clause.....The current board will decide on the method to collect, count and validate the votes.

How many different ways can there be to vote?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Exclamation According to this....

the whole process is overdue....

Current Board Members
    are listed here: Board Members

Eligibility: To be eligible to participate as an Advisory Board member, the person must be an active geocachingmaine.org participant as well as an active Maine cacher who has general knowledge of laws and practices that pertain to caching in Maine. This includes non-residents but the cacher must spend more time caching in Maine than occasional vacations. Current board members are eligible for re-election. The current board shall decide whether a particular person meets these eligibility requirements or not.

Office Terms: Advisory Board members terms shall be in two year intervals ending December of even numbered years, and will be up for review at that time.

Board Reviews: In the beginning of November of even numbered years, a poll will be posted to the site asking the membership if they would like to keep the board members as is or if elections should be held to refresh the board. Thread was not even started until 12/23/2010 by BRDAD

Elections:
    Names of those interested in participating in the advisory board will be collected in the first week of December and voting will be held the last three weeks of December. Thread was not even started until 1/14/2011 by the Advisory board The current board will decide on the method to collect, count and validate the votes. All geocachingmaine.org members will be allowed one vote. The votes will be tallied at the first of January and the board will be refreshed at that time. Surprise…..This part hasn’t even taken place yet.Four board members will be elected in. The webmaster is a necessary member and will hold the position of 5th board member.

Vacancies:
    If a board member steps down or is removed from their position, the current board shall choose an eligible and willing member to take that persons seat. The membership shall be informed of this change at the time the change is finalized.

Dismissal:
    If at any time the board feels that one of the board members should be dismissed for not meeting eligibility requirements or for not contributing to the site and/or the sport as expected, they will discus and resolve the issue in a timely and fair manner. In the event the board member is dismissed, practices for board vacancies will be followed.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Sorry, as stated in my first post of the Advisory Board Election Poll thread, the delay has a lot to do with Rick's getting readjusted to this world after his hike. I might have been able to set it up, but I am more comfortable being a bit late than taking a chance at botching up the process. Looking back, the board could have run the polls and we would have only had to wait for the actual election, I am sorry I did not consider that and propose it to the board. Hopefully the election will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    The current board will decide on the method to collect, count and validate the votes.

How many different ways can there be to vote?
    The last few elections Rick has created a special election forum where each voter posts a new thread which lists the 4 candidates he/she would like to have on the board. This post can only be seen by the original poster, Rick, and someone trustworthy (who is not on the board or a nominee) to verify the count.

While this method has worked, the quoted line was added in case a better method was decided upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Board Reviews: In the beginning of November of even numbered years, a poll will be posted to the site asking the membership if they would like to keep the board members as is or if elections should be held to refresh the board. [COLOR=Green]Thread was not even started until 12/23/2010 by BRDAD
    Not a big deal, but this thread was posted by the board on 12-30-2010, not by me. Ok, I did it using the board's account, but the post was a collaboration of all board members. But regardless, this post was late as well, for the same reasons stated above. Advisory Board Election Poll
    Last edited by brdad; 02-06-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

... ... ...
    While this method has worked, the quoted line was added in case a better method was decided upon.

Throw all candidates into the Kennebec River, those that float are good, those that don't.....

Not advocating that it is better but it definitely is different.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Throw all candidates into the Kennebec River, those that float are good, those that don't.....

Not advocating that it is better but it definitely is different.
    I thought anything could float in the Kennebec River!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    But if they float, that means they're made of wood, which means...

Not a big deal, but this thread was posted by the board on 12-30-2010, not by me. Ok, I did it using the board's account, but the post was a collaboration of all board members. But regardless, this post was late as well, for the same reasons stated above. Advisory Board Election Poll
    The first mention of a new advisory board upcoming election poll was on 12/23/2010 (post by Advisory Board) Do you want to elect a new advisory board?

Advisory board =BRDAD=Advisory board (same thing isn’t it???)
    We all know who pushes the buttons…..and you know what they say……

If it walks like a duck it’s probably a duck.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”