vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caches up for Adoption

Default Caches up for Adoption

I would like to find some cachers who is interested in adopting my caches. These caches really mean a lot to me, and want to make sure they are taken care of. I would ask that the caches maintain my name as original owner and then you can type in "Adopted by...." after.

The caches are:

Streaming Audio - Maine Rose Series (Hampden)
    Meadow Falls - Maine Rose Series (Hampden)
    Quarry Rocks (Frankfort)
    101 DALMATIANS #66 (DAMIEN) (Northport - Lincolnville)
    Five~O - Maine Rose Series (Hermon)
    Cache Maine Vending Machine (Mile 174 Rest Area Southbound)
    B52 CRASH STASH Millinocket
    Tribute to Maine Cachers (Hampden)

The three Maine Rose Series caches are being offered to Hollora or Becket first, as they are the other two that helped with that series. If they are not interested in adopting them, I will offer them to others.

The B52 Crash Site one is my favorite. It's not easy to let this one go, but it's time for a new owner. I would like someone to adopt this one that likes aviation history.

The Tribute to Maine Cachers was originally an EGSG cache. I would like it to continue in his honor. I would give preference to someone that knows EGSG.

There is a story about the 101 Cache that I will happily share with the new owner.

Quarry Rocks is another of my favorites, because of the story that goes along with it.

So, I guess that's it. Please contact me if you are interested in adopting one of these gems. I would like to choose, and finalize adoptions asap.

Thanks in advance, and happy caching!

Oh, one more thing. This is not a first come, first served type of thing. If you are interested in a cache or all of them, please let me know. I will choose from those interested.

I can be reached through PM here or email, cameo (at) cachemaine (dot) com

If nobody wants them, I am going to archive them.

You have mail!

Some good caches there, and a few I have on my todo list! I hope someone adopts them and that all is ok. And, Happy Birthday!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thanks Dave! Yes, all is well, just time to move them on to deserving owners.
    Which ones do you want? )

Ohhhh....I can't stand when it does that! I try to do a happy face and I get a pink smirky one!

Mail is on it's way.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Hollora and Becket have decided not to adopt the Maine Rose Series caches so they are all available at this point. Thank you to those that have sent info, stories and comments my way. I appreciate your thoughts and desire to continue the legacy!

Cache Maine ~ I should have publically acknowledged, on this thread, a sincere Thank You for leaving adoption open to becket and me first on the Maine Rose Series caches. It is my sincere hope anyone who is interested in any of them knows or learns the reason and rationale for the placement of this series.

Although I decided not to be a taker of one or all of your Maine Rose series caches, they sure do deserve to be adopted. Each of your caches deserves a new owner. I feel confident you will have lots of folks who may be interested.

Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness!

I'd be very interested in adopting the B-52 Crash Site cache. I've yet to find it, but have been to the crash site several times, before I discovered Geocaching. If this is something you would be willing to do, I'd be willing to take a drive up to Greenville on Tuesday to find the cache and maintain it.