vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuvi

Hybrid View

Default Nuvi

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200W that we don't really need. It has the windshield suction cup, power cord and manual. Give me a good reason why you'd like it and a promise to use it geocaching and it's yours...FREE!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I live close so I can pick it up. I don't have one for the geo-truck and I promise to use GSAK to load it full of caches.

"Sold" C'mon down, you know where I live. I'll be home by 4 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I live close so I can pick it up. I don't have one for the geo-truck and I promise to use GSAK to load it full of caches.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    "Sold" C'mon down, you know where I live. I'll be home by 4 today.
    Damn, you are cheap! I was going to offer beer and then have a nuvi in both of my caching mobiles.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Jason hasn't arrived yet. Ya know, a half gallon of Tangueray might dull my memory! Jason who? Fish fins? What's his geo-name?

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Damn, you are cheap! I was going to offer beer and then have a nuvi in both of my caching mobiles.

I was wondering what the crazy voicemail was on my phone that sounded like Jim pretending to be a woman and telling me not to go to Dan's house because it was a trap. Now it all makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I was wondering what the crazy voicemail was on my phone that sounded like Jim pretending to be a woman and telling me not to go to Dan's house because it was a trap. Now it all makes sense!
    Voice what?pretending?I think Dans dogs are vicious!They have taken a beer away before!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I loaded the nuvi with 750 POIs for the nearest winter friendly caches tonight! I will be putting it to good use Dan. Thanks again!

You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Nuvi Voices Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.

I have a question about Nuvi voices. So far, I have tried 2 voices. One is Dr Nightmare. He used to scare me out of the drivers seat when I was driving along long country roads and he would come out with a loud statement about the full moon! Then, on the way to my Uncles military service in Augusta, he commented that my car was nice, but it was no hearse, and did I want to go to the BONEYARD??? Looking back, it is humorous, but not so back then!
    So, I switched to the squirrel and he chats non stop but says the same things over and over! I would never hurt an animal, but get the urge to buy a pellet gun when I hear his voice!
    So my question is, what do you experienced Nuvi owners find to be the least intrusive Nuvi voice? I would appreciate any input.