vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuvi

Default I wish.....

Quote Originally Posted by JFamilySebec View Post
    You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.

Yep, mine too. Dora starts cussing - "fine, go 500 ft and make a da** U-Turn, then do as I TOLD you to do and get on I-95 and drive South to Florida you simpleton".
    I wish I could use Buford T. Justice from Smokey and the Bandit.

"Turn left, you sumb*tch."

Or Mr. T... You missed the turn Fool!!!

Or a Nuvi that quits working when you don't follow her directions.

"You are the weakest link. Good bye."

Default Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Or a Nuvi that quits working when you don't follow her directions.

"You are the weakest link. Good bye."

Haha! Too funny....

Default Nuvi Voices Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.

I have a question about Nuvi voices. So far, I have tried 2 voices. One is Dr Nightmare. He used to scare me out of the drivers seat when I was driving along long country roads and he would come out with a loud statement about the full moon! Then, on the way to my Uncles military service in Augusta, he commented that my car was nice, but it was no hearse, and did I want to go to the BONEYARD??? Looking back, it is humorous, but not so back then!
    So, I switched to the squirrel and he chats non stop but says the same things over and over! I would never hurt an animal, but get the urge to buy a pellet gun when I hear his voice!
    So my question is, what do you experienced Nuvi owners find to be the least intrusive Nuvi voice? I would appreciate any input.

There are so many you will have to do a search for Nuvi voices and find one the suites you. I kind of like one of the Stewie voices. I also have a Cluso one that people like.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 02-04-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

We just use the Samantha that came on the unit. Most all the others are just annoying. And I am used to not fully paying full attention to what women say, so when she keeps telling me I've messed up I'm familiar with it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We have Judge Judy. She yells "Objection" if I miss a turn and found me in contempt when I tried to climb Kennabago Mountain with Di's Highlander!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I have gotten used to Samantha telling me where to go. There are only two women that have that opportunity and she is quite good at it.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

There was a nav unit years ago that had John Cleese from Monty Python. That was a great voice!