vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is "Northern" Maine?

OK, now here is another fly in the ointment. How does Down East enter into this whole discussion?

If your in Southern Maine (like Kittery or Portland) why do you have to go up Maine to go Downeast?

I think it is one of those Maine things going on here. As for the discussion on the North/South thing, I think that war has already been fought once. Now hold on a minute, that has to do with the Country. By the way, What exactly is Country?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Perhaps you can draw a Lat line such that the number of square miles to the south of it equals the number of square miles to the north of it. Of course you will have to decide on whether to do it at hiigh tide, low tide, or someplace in between.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Don't go trying to bring the tide into this rational discussion. We all know that is an up and down situation!

Don't go trying to bring the tide into this rational discussion. We all know that is an up and down situation!
    Yes but it exposes more land at low tide.

We all know that is an up and down situation!
    Which gets me to thinking .

If it is a up down situation why do you say the tide comes in or the tide goes out.

But then again "It is a high tide or a low tide".

What about a spring tide or a neap tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Now hold on a minute, that has to do with the Country. By the way, What exactly is Country?
    That's it! We find two cachers, Mason and Dixon, and that's where the line is!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    By the way, What exactly is Country?
    Sheesh! I don;t know - but I guarantee you won't find it in my "What Are You Listening To?" thread. LOL!

The natives have considered the Mason Dixon line Augusta. Most everyone in the state house considers anything above Augusta to be north and anything below Augusta to be south. Downeast comes from the boater types that had to ride the winds up north to get back downeast.

Downeasters will tell you the truth, and that is there are only a few points of civilization. Portland, Bangor, Presque Isle, Augusta. North and south mean nothing.

Tides will completely screw your calculations up because we have real tides in Downeast. 30 foot average tides. Kittery 10 maybe?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I am confused!

Just hold on real tight. It will smooth out pretty soon.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.