vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premium membership

Default Premium membership

I just got it at gc.com and was wondering if one of you guys could give me tips on pocket querries and your combinations of software and or pda (palm) freeware to use.
    tia

Lefty

Cool! We'll make a REAL cacher out of you yet! LOL!

But I think the general consensus would be that you need Cachemate for your PDA, and it's only $8. And GSAK is only $20 - it's a fairly small investment for probably the 2 best cache management programs.

If there's any GOOD freeware out there, I'm not aware of it.

I agree with WhereRWe: both CacheMate and GSAK are worthwhile investments. Both programs are shareware; you can download limited trial versions for free and test drive them. CacheMate is limited to 10 caches, and I think GSAK has a nag screen after 3 weeks. Cachemate development has ebbed a bit, but Clyde puts out significant GSAK updates about once a month.

Another Palm app that I have found useful is Tide Tool. It uses mathematical algorithmns to predict (accurately!) the tides at points along the coast. I've used it several times while kayaking or planning beach trips. It is also very useful for TAT's Tidal Earthcache and Water Walker by Khali1.
    Last edited by Cache'n Jacksons; 06-21-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Cachemate development has ebbed a bit, but Clyde puts out significant GSAK updates about once a month.
    Sheesh! Seems like I get a GSAK update one a WEEK, at least! LOL!

And if you have problems with it, Clyde is VERY willing to help - especially if you discover a bug. He's always trying to improve the product.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! Seems like I get a GSAK update one a WEEK, at least! LOL!
    You must be on the Gold plan!! Last update I got before June 14 was May 3. Maybe I should have slid a little extra $ his way when I registered it?

Have to agree with the others. I just got a palm pilot for my birthday in Dec, and couldn't live without it now. My truck is no longer carpeted with cache sheets. I also use cachemate and gsak and feel they are worth the money. 28 bucks for the both, how do you beat it. Like any software you still have a learning curve. I figure I'll have it all figured out in about a year or two, but for now it's serving my needs exceptionally well. John

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    Have to agree with the others. I just got a palm pilot for my birthday in Dec, and couldn't live without it now.
    Note: From what I've seen, you can use almost ANY Palm model for GSAK. Although the Zire models are great, you can get a Palm VII for about $35 on eBay, and I know it can handle GSAK. (As a matter of fact, I have a Palm VII I'd be willing to sell...)

(As a matter of fact, I have a Palm VII I'd be willing to sell...)
    How much?? Im looking for one!

Note: From what I've seen, you can use almost ANY Palm model for GSAK. Although the Zire models are great, you can get a Palm VII for about $35 on eBay, and I know it can handle GSAK. (As a matter of fact, I have a Palm VII I'd be willing to sell...)
    is is decent for caching?? if yes i challenge starzz to a marshmallow throwing contest over rights to buying it from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz
    How much?? Im looking for one!
    Well, let me throw some batteries in it, load Cachemate and make sure it works OK before I start quoting prices. I'll get back to you in a day or so. My house is in an uproar right now as they're installing flooring and new ceilings, and there is furniture and junk piled EVERYWHERE! LOL!