vb:literal>

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Paperless caching

Default PPC or Palm OS - important distinction

But at this point, it is also important to know that if you are using a PPC, it is not possible to transfer waypoints into your handheld with SAHH - DeLorme tells me you must have SA (not for HH). This is the part that keeps being omitted from the equation. I'm anxious to learn about the test thattrackspv is going to try to see if he can prove DeLorme wrong on their own product

If you are using Palm OS, you are all set with just SA HH.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Unhappy You are all right.

ok,ok you all win, I was thinking that you could download waypoints to a regular gpsr and then upload them back into sa(handheld), There is no way to even use their own GPS Earthmate unit on Street Atlas for handheld. The program running on the handheld has more features than SA handheld running on the PC. I had forgotten how basic the handheld version was. I was using my laptop originally with Street Atlas 7.0 so when I bought the pda I only installed the device files. I have since upgraded to SA 2005 and really like it.

Trackspv

P.S.I looked at the delorme export that WhereRwe mentioned and it still has to be imported as a draw layer.

Unhappy Ohhhhhh - darn!

Thank you so much checking that out. Bummer! Didn't mean to keep pushing back, but just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something that would allow me to use the program.

Guess I'll stick with Streets and Trips for now, but I am not completely excited about how it interfaces. Admittedly, it could be my skill level given that I just got it last week.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    With GSAK create a txt file for SA USA. Find this folder: C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer. Find the file XMAPHHWptsSend.txt and open it. Copy and Paste the txt file you generated from GSAK in between the lines Begin Symbol and End. Save it. The next time you sync it will send the waypoints to SA USA on your palm.
    You can also use this same text file to import the waypoints into your SA USA on your laptop or home computer by choosing draw > file > import and choose that text file. Be sure to do it to your laptop before the sync with your pda because the sync will wipe the text file clean.

Default Blue Logger gps

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    The bluetooth gps is very hard to get lock on...and when you do...you better not move!
    Actually, I have found it to be very fast, faster to lock on than my Garmin Vista. I just set it up on my dashboard and let it do its thing. Maybe I have a bigger windshield than you. Connecting to my pda is quick and easy.
    Last edited by parmachenee; 02-15-2005 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trackspv
    ok,ok you all win, I was thinking that you could download waypoints to a regular gpsr and then upload them back into sa(handheld), There is no way to even use their own GPS Earthmate unit on Street Atlas for handheld. The program running on the handheld has more features than SA handheld running on the PC. I had forgotten how basic the handheld version was. I was using my laptop originally with Street Atlas 7.0 so when I bought the pda I only installed the device files. I have since upgraded to SA 2005 and really like it.

Trackspv

P.S.I looked at the delorme export that WhereRwe mentioned and it still has to be imported as a draw layer.
    I've been playing with GSAK's new Delorme export format, and I really like it because when the waypoints are placed on Street Atlas as a draw layer, each waypoint is a clickable link to the geocaching.com page for that cache.

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I've been playing with GSAK's new Delorme export format, and I really like it because when the waypoints are placed on Street Atlas as a draw layer, each waypoint is a clickable link to the geocaching.com page for that cache.

Cool!
    It is kinda cool, Although I tried to link it to the offline gsak files and cant figure out where Gsak puts the temporary files it creates for viewing offline. It works great as long as your connected to the internet. I was also hoping it would work on my pda I tried to send the waypoints with the url attached to my pda with lots of hope, and once again it's only for the pc. Oh well I'll still be using gpxsonar on pda to view the caches, and street atlas to find them for now.

Trackspv

Quote Originally Posted by trackspv
    It is kinda cool, Although I tried to link it to the offline gsak files and cant figure out where Gsak puts the temporary files it creates for viewing offline. It works great as long as your connected to the internet. I was also hoping it would work on my pda I tried to send the waypoints with the url attached to my pda with lots of hope, and once again it's only for the pc. Oh well I'll still be using gpxsonar on pda to view the caches, and street atlas to find them for now.

Trackspv
    Have you tried Cachemate for the PDA? I like that.

Unhappy Another bummer

Unfortunately, Cachemate is not compatible with the PPC, only Palm OS
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Is Cachemate a plus or a minus?

BC,

One of the things I thought was great about the PPC was that an extra app. like sonar or cachemate was not needed.

Was there someting in Cachemate that is better than the pages that GSAK makes for the PPC?