vb:literal>

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paperless caching

Default Option?

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    I will put together a little demo of PQ, GSAK, Streets and Trips and MapSend. Hope the have the "Caches along a route" thing totally figured out soon. Also, have a new HP iPaq coming so will be learning that too.

Michael
    This was from the summer, but perhaps G Team is still willing to do this.

Smile

Yes, I do have Mapopolis and have had good luck so far. I used to have a feeling that I was missing something by not having Delorme, but by the comments lately...I think I'm sitting pretty good. I downloaded a maplet thing the other night that I'm still fiddling with...I should be able to upload my entire .gpx file to my maine maps...and whalla!

Exclamation Gone mad!

Almost. Gone paperless..... Thanks to all that have helped. I used your wisdom, your web links, your encouragement and enthusiasm, and with a little dumb luck. ( and an 11 year old ) We have finally gone paperless. Well somewhat anyways. PDA is loaded, with cachemate and caches. My desktop has a new icon GSAK and now I justa have to get out and use it. Again my utmost thanks to all of our new caching friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    We have finally gone paperless.
    But don't forget to take your Delorme Atlas!!

Post Connections to GPS

I have another question and I'm very confident of getting more than one good answer. I have my Palm Zire 31 with Cachemate and GSAK. My new question is what ( besides a cable, I have read those threads ) do I need to get the waypoints to my GPS? And will the cable link my palm and GPSr, or laptop and GPSr? More software, or do I have enough? And is there any concensus on mapping software yet?Thanks.

Default Cables for GPS to Palm link

Yes, you will need the cable to link the Palm to your GPS for real time navigating. I bought mine from Blue Hills Innovations.And as far as mapping software I think the jury is still out as to what works best. I have Delorme but have never used it yet as my PDA is still incognito. If I don't get my new Palm back soon I will sell you my cables that I bought and never got to use them either....lol They are pricey though, I paid $55.00 and that was the cheapest I could find. Hope that helps and I'm sure someone else has other answers for you .
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I agree with Haffy.

I always travel with the GPS and Palm connected. Not sure what GPS you havem but my eTrex Legend is usually hard to see. But with the Palm, I can see upcoming caches and zoom in to see the best route.

Default Bluetooth

If your palm has bluetooth capability, you can get a bluetooth gps from Delorme that requires NO wires. You will only need to connect the power adapter to your palm since it won't last as long as the bluetooth gps. It also is pricey but I like it. I'm using Delorme Street Atlas on my Zire72 which I also like but I haven't used anything else so I really can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    If your palm has bluetooth capability, you can get a bluetooth gps from Delorme that requires NO wires. You will only need to connect the power adapter to your palm since it won't last as long as the bluetooth gps. It also is pricey but I like it. I'm using Delorme Street Atlas on my Zire72 which I also like but I haven't used anything else so I really can't compare.
    If we have a "paperless caching" event like was discussed, I'd like to compare the Palm Zire 71 (which I have), and the 72 which a couple ofthers have.

I'd also like to compare the eTrex Legend and the eTrex Vista. I'm getting antsy to get a new GPS, and would really like a "hands on" comparison.

Thumbs down Problem

And it's driving me nuts. I can download to GSAK ok,but when I go to export to my palm and hotsync, the error message tells me the pdb. file doesn't exist. I had last weekend downloaded two seperate times to my pda, ok. What am I doing wrong ar what info is missing? Thanks