vb:literal>

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Paperless caching

Cool experimenting

I am going to uninstall SA for pc and install only SA for handheld and see if I can duplicate this feat. Ill let you know how I make out.

Trackspv

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Bruce - do you use a palm os or ppc? I think it might be different for the two technologies because I know that Brad has been able to get the waypoints plotted into his palm using the SA HH version. [/color][/font]
    I use a Palm Zire 71. And if he can get waypoints onto his PDA without using SA (PC) or Topo USA, I'd like to know how! LOL! (You can enter them manually/individually, but no one has ever been able to tell me how to import from GSAK or Easy GPS or the like.

But if he is, he's probably using different software.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I use a Palm Zire 71. And if he can get waypoints onto his PDA without using SA (PC) or Topo USA, I'd like to know how! LOL! (You can enter them manually/individually, but no one has ever been able to tell me how to import from GSAK or Easy GPS or the like.
    I have a Palm Zire 72 and I can put any number of caches/waypoints on my SA USA using GSAK. Maybe I don't understand the question because this was a thread quite awhile ago.
    Last edited by parmachenee; 02-14-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Default SA Handheld not compatible with PPC

I believe SA for PC and SA for handheld are in a way, different. It seems you can't put waypoints from the GPS to a PPC using the handheld version.Kind of redundant but that seems to be a screw up of Delorme's. It works for Palm though.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    I have a Palm Zire 72 and I can put any number of caches/waypoints on my SA USA using GSAK. Maybe I don't understand the question because this was a thread quite awhile ago.
    We're talking about doing it with Street Atlas Handheld, Frank. I don't think you can do it with SAHH alone - you need the draw layer to add the waypoints.

If it can be done with SAHH alone, I don't know how but, hey!, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Smile Ok...try this.

With GSAK create a txt file for SA USA. Find this folder: C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer. Find the file XMAPHHWptsSend.txt and open it. Copy and Paste the txt file you generated from GSAK in between the lines Begin Symbol and End. Save it. The next time you sync it will send the waypoints to SA USA on your palm. I know I explained this before...or maybe I'm having a senior moment.

Exclamation It works!

No Frank, You are correct. Since you're the one who taught me how to do it. I am using SAHH 2005 and transfering waypoints to my Palm Zire71 in that manner. I can send as many as I want at a time. and they will place a blue diamond with a cache name on the handheld maps. I like it!!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    With GSAK create a txt file for SA USA. Find this folder: C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer. Find the file XMAPHHWptsSend.txt and open it. Copy and Paste the txt file you generated from GSAK in between the lines Begin Symbol and End. Save it. The next time you sync it will send the waypoints to SA USA on your palm. I know I explained this before...or maybe I'm having a senior moment.
    OK guys, this what they call "an epiphany". Where can we put this where we can find it again? I've already printed it, but...

Thumbs up A note to Rick

PUT THIS WHERE WE CAN ALL FIND IT AGAIN!!

Good call Bruce...
    Happy Trails!

Well, it doesn't matter to me since I have SAHH, SA (PC) and Topo USA, and am used to exporting the waypoints to the PDA using the latter two. But for people just starting on paperless caching, this information means they just need the handheld version.

And I just looked at GSAK - Clyde has added a Delorme export option, in addition to the SA text file export. Haven't tried it, but I'll have to see what it can do.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-14-2005 at 06:59 PM.