Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 157

Thread: Paperless caching

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I wish I had only paid 129 for mine. I paid 229 and that was a deal at the time.
    I'm lucky.. mine was free. I got it for Xmas. Course I spent $350 on an iPod for hubby.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Hmmm... Lets see... Zire 71 now going for $129 on eBay... Time to use up that cash I've got sitting in my PayPal account?
    I have been watching eBay and the cheapist I have seen one gor for is about $179 so far for a winning bid. Be careful when you bid though. I bid on one and won it for $125 then found out it was not American money and I am still trying to iron it out with the seller.
    Blazing Troll

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I have been watching eBay and the cheapist I have seen one gor for is about $179 so far for a winning bid. Be careful when you bid though. I bid on one and won it for $125 then found out it was not American money and I am still trying to iron it out with the seller.
    Well, the Zire 71 is in the mail.

    The Palm website had a special on "open box" units for $148, with free USB cradle. I'm a sucker for "refurbished" and "factory inspected" stuff, and I'm a regular at Mardens and Caswell's. I've also been known to fight off other shoppers at the "reduced for quick sale" meat counter at Shaw's and Hannaford...

    Here's a link is anyone is interested:
    http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...ductId=1818438

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,574

    Default Zire Training

    I hope to see you at " A Good Day for Good Wings" (shameless plug) where I can unload my infinite knowlege base on Zire workings upon you .

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Make sure you get Cachemate software for it also. You can get it at www.smittyware.com, you won't regret it.It's only 7 bux and worth every penny. I think you can get a trial of it at the website. Great price! I got mine about 4 months ago for about 160 bux with the cradle and 2 wallets for it,one that has a belt loop not too bad but not as good a price as you got it for.
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-20-2004 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I hope to see you at " A Good Day for Good Wings" (shameless plug) where I can unload my infinite knowlege base on Zire workings upon you .
    I fully expect to be there, and will welcome your help!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    120

    Default Cool

    Well, I did my first few "Paperless Geocaches" yesterday. It was nice having all the info right at my fingertips. It'll be nice if I'm ever off the beaten path and want to see if there are any caches nearby. I did pretty well, just need to get used to not having the paper at hand and doing everything with the PDA.

    -RanMan22

  8. #38

    Default

    Same here... we did our first two paperless caches yesterday, and I love it! I picked up a PalmIII on eBay for $11.50 (my old one was on the blink), and I'm using the trial version of Cachemate right now. I'll pay the $7 soon because this is really the way to go. I think a laptop would be even more cool, because I could have my USAPhotoMaps data for topos and aerial photos, and also Street Atlas USA for directions. I should be buying stock in Duracell.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    We did our first paperless cache last weekend. It was great not having to carry the papers with you. We did not find the cache but it was still great not having to carry a folder around.

    We did Old Speck Spectacle and looked in every hole and crevice and could not find the cache. I would like to know if it is still there. But now all I can do is wait to see if the next person finds it.
    Blazing Troll

  10. #40

    Default Sounds so easy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Same here... we did our first two paperless caches yesterday, and I love it! I picked up a PalmIII on eBay for $11.50 (my old one was on the blink), and I'm using the trial version of Cachemate right now. I'll pay the $7 soon because this is really the way to go. I think a laptop would be even more cool, because I could have my USAPhotoMaps data for topos and aerial photos, and also Street Atlas USA for directions. I should be buying stock in Duracell.
    Ohhh! You guys make it sound so simple...I just need to try it. I was thinking that I would need to have this big expensive pda, all these cords, a super duper gpsr..and blue teeth!?!?!?!?! Yuck! he he heh

Similar Threads

  1. Paperless Question
    By dí76 in forum Geocaching Hardware & Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Paperless caching
    By dí76 in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •