vb:literal>

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Paperless caching

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I wish I had only paid 129 for mine. I paid 229 and that was a deal at the time.
    I'm lucky.. mine was free. I got it for Xmas. Course I spent $350 on an iPod for hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Hmmm... Lets see... Zire 71 now going for $129 on eBay... Time to use up that cash I've got sitting in my PayPal account?
    I have been watching eBay and the cheapist I have seen one gor for is about $179 so far for a winning bid. Be careful when you bid though. I bid on one and won it for $125 then found out it was not American money and I am still trying to iron it out with the seller.
    Blazing Troll

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I have been watching eBay and the cheapist I have seen one gor for is about $179 so far for a winning bid. Be careful when you bid though. I bid on one and won it for $125 then found out it was not American money and I am still trying to iron it out with the seller.
    Well, the Zire 71 is in the mail.

The Palm website had a special on "open box" units for $148, with free USB cradle. I'm a sucker for "refurbished" and "factory inspected" stuff, and I'm a regular at Mardens and Caswell's. I've also been known to fight off other shoppers at the "reduced for quick sale" meat counter at Shaw's and Hannaford...

Here's a link is anyone is interested:
    http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...ductId=1818438

Default Zire Training

I hope to see you at " A Good Day for Good Wings" (shameless plug) where I can unload my infinite knowlege base on Zire workings upon you .

Make sure you get Cachemate software for it also. You can get it at www.smittyware.com, you won't regret it.It's only 7 bux and worth every penny. I think you can get a trial of it at the website. Great price! I got mine about 4 months ago for about 160 bux with the cradle and 2 wallets for it,one that has a belt loop not too bad but not as good a price as you got it for.
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-20-2004 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I hope to see you at " A Good Day for Good Wings" (shameless plug) where I can unload my infinite knowlege base on Zire workings upon you .
    I fully expect to be there, and will welcome your help!

Default Cool

Well, I did my first few "Paperless Geocaches" yesterday. It was nice having all the info right at my fingertips. It'll be nice if I'm ever off the beaten path and want to see if there are any caches nearby. I did pretty well, just need to get used to not having the paper at hand and doing everything with the PDA.

-RanMan22

Same here... we did our first two paperless caches yesterday, and I love it! I picked up a PalmIII on eBay for $11.50 (my old one was on the blink), and I'm using the trial version of Cachemate right now. I'll pay the $7 soon because this is really the way to go. I think a laptop would be even more cool, because I could have my USAPhotoMaps data for topos and aerial photos, and also Street Atlas USA for directions. I should be buying stock in Duracell.

We did our first paperless cache last weekend. It was great not having to carry the papers with you. We did not find the cache but it was still great not having to carry a folder around.

We did Old Speck Spectacle and looked in every hole and crevice and could not find the cache. I would like to know if it is still there. But now all I can do is wait to see if the next person finds it.
    Blazing Troll

Default Sounds so easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    Same here... we did our first two paperless caches yesterday, and I love it! I picked up a PalmIII on eBay for $11.50 (my old one was on the blink), and I'm using the trial version of Cachemate right now. I'll pay the $7 soon because this is really the way to go. I think a laptop would be even more cool, because I could have my USAPhotoMaps data for topos and aerial photos, and also Street Atlas USA for directions. I should be buying stock in Duracell.
    Ohhh! You guys make it sound so simple...I just need to try it. I was thinking that I would need to have this big expensive pda, all these cords, a super duper gpsr..and blue teeth!?!?!?!?! Yuck! he he heh