Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Anybody want to talk about geocaching???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    China, Maine
    Posts
    238

    Default Anybody want to talk about geocaching???

    I have not been caching since Karen's event on 1/30. Things have been busy but I am hoping to get out this Saturday. Any really good winter caches out there? I don't care much for going on the ice so those kind are out for me but I do like a nice long hike or snowshoe.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    I know there are a few that can be only reached in winter and one is new.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    China, Maine
    Posts
    238

    Default

    I know that Karen just put a new one out very nearby. I have plans to get to it this week.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    scarborough, maine
    Posts
    132

    Default

    We are hoping to get out on the snowmobiles and get some caches out on the trails. Im working this weekend but hoping to sneak out for a while on sunday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Biddeford, Maine
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Uggg... I've been busy working and clearing the <explicative deleted> snow off my driveway. I've looked over my past history and I noticed that since I started caching in '03, I've only found 1 cache in the month of February. Time to change that.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    Uggg... I've been busy working and clearing the <explicative deleted> snow off my driveway. I've looked over my past history and I noticed that since I started caching in '03, I've only found 1 cache in the month of February. Time to change that.
    This is my first Feb caching. So far, I have 2 DNFs for Feb. One I learned after the fact was not winter friendly and one that was but was according to attibutes, but after the drive out I learnd was totally burried by snow plows. I am going to follow your lead on Monday, Native Mainer, and get on the snow shoes and do some caching! Only need 4 to get to my next milestone! Cache on!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hampden, ME
    Posts
    891

    Default

    This has been my longest stretch without caching, starting last fall. From October thru Thanksgiving saw a lot of business travel and then busy with holidays. Not being one who likes winter.....despite being born and raised in the sticks of Maine.....it's been hard to get excited about caching. I do need to get on the ball, but the darn ball is frozen in! Next week will find me traveling to Moscow, Russia for business. Having checked some addresses on GC.com, there are some easy caches near the hotel. However, when I received my entry visa, it arrived with some travel guidelines one of which states you cannot enter with a GPS device .
    COME ON SPRING!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    Any really good winter caches out there? I don't care much for going on the ice so those kind are out for me but I do like a nice long hike or snowshoe.
    Check out Laughing Terry's snowmobile caches. While they're best attempted from a snowmobile (I think he said that most were placed while he was actually on a snowmobile), many can be reached by a short walk (snowshoes or x-country skis) from a road.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    [x, y, z, t]
    Posts
    668

    Default

    My last cache I found was thousand of miles away long time ago. I would go snowshoe caching, preferably island caching since this is the only time of the year I can walk on a pond
    Moo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    This has been my longest stretch without caching, starting last fall. From October thru Thanksgiving saw a lot of business travel and then busy with holidays. Not being one who likes winter.....despite being born and raised in the sticks of Maine.....it's been hard to get excited about caching. I do need to get on the ball, but the darn ball is frozen in! Next week will find me traveling to Moscow, Russia for business. Having checked some addresses on GC.com, there are some easy caches near the hotel. However, when I received my entry visa, it arrived with some travel guidelines one of which states you cannot enter with a GPS device .
    COME ON SPRING!
    If you have your i-phone or android then you already have a cache capable GPS. That is one way to get a cache.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •